Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #61
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: UFC 164: Henderson Vs. Pettis

At least it's not as bad as Vitor's "I LOVE YOU CHEEEEEZUS!"

I wasn't overly impressed with Benson's title reign overall though. He dominated Diaz, beat Melendez in a close one but I don't think he beat Edgar in their 2nd fight. Decent run for him but for someone of his size and athleticism at LW, you just kinda expect more.

Pettis with the solid takedown defense he showed in this fight is very dangerous.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #62
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

really cool to see pettis grab the belt. what a pleasant night of results for me.

was never a big fan of bendo... probably because i thought he came out on the lucky side of too many coin-slip decisions. i want a more decisive champ than that. also, his defense is just too porous for my taste, and all that LORD stuff starts to get tiresome.

on the plus side for him, i really liked the way he went for the takedown, trapped pettis against the fence, then started attacking the shins relentlessly. more leggy fighters should be doing that IMO. i was worried pettis was just going to get ground down to zero mobility after a couple rounds of that.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #63
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

btw, i disagree that mir was stopped early. he just had nothing in any area for josh... was getting lit up everywhere.

mir's brain cells will gratefully thank the ref... eventually.

EDIT: oh yea, mendes looks like a super-speedy, extremely powerful killer. first time i've ever seen him, i think... great stuff!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #64
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dana just said Pettis' knee popped. hopefully hes not out too long

then again, Aldo and Grant are also both injured right now too
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #65
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Pettis' knee isn't too bad, his and Grant's timelines could match up. I guess we have to find out more.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #66
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

grats on pettis. i remember him on mtv
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #67
gigantes
A piece of fluff

they need to make some kind of MMA show based around josh and don frye. it would be highly educational and highly hysterical.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #68
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

"I dropped down because I knew I was in a bad position. I even redug for the underhook"

really bro? i guess falling in a heap is a new strategy. he also said he was going for a single leg, lol. he was also talking about cardio as if barnett hasn't been in some long wars himself.

might have been a slightly early stoppage but he was still in trouble regardless. barnett's wrist/arm control on him that whole round was crazy. he was slowly getting dismantled. that's been my biggest criticism of mir forever. he's great on the ground but he's not good at grappling. he doesn't really take offensive control of taking a guy to the ground and he doesn't dictate fights. his clinch game is severely lacking.

i so wouldn't mind a werdum vs. barnett fight but i understand if werdum gets the next title shot after JDS/cain. let's just do war master vs. browne and mir vs. overeem.

vera has to be one of the most frustrating fighters in recent history. so much potential there, but can't finish. not sure if comes down to motivation or what, but it seems like he'll always hover around top 10 and not do much of anything.

oh and war pettis!

anyway, definitely an awesome card. much better than ufc 163. liked mendes' fight as well and i'm not a fan of guida so it was nice seeing him get KO'd for the first time. mendes actually looked like he was starting to get gassed though so he should probably take it easy in the weight room. still can't envision him as champ...he's just not dynamic either but he can challenge.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-01-2013 at 03:55 AM.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #69
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mir
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #70
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pettis went straight from the arena to his father's grave to show him the title

I wanted Bendo to win but I'm happy for Pettis. Kinda ironic that Henderson lost his title on a Sunday morning though.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #71
gigantes
A piece of fluff

there's something in my eye.

yea, and i don't have a good explanation for why mir's back is one place and his head is all the way...
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo...llery_post.jpg

Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #72
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

awesome fight card...

i wanted guida to win. i think he can win vs aldo . i dont know if an impromved mendez can beat aldo in a slugfest... i dont think so . i maybe wrong

the stoppage on frank mir looked premature because it was stopped early if not mir would have been on the floor for more than 10 mins.. we dont need that.. watch it again on slow motion. when the ref stepped in and mir was about to get up his right leg showed that he is still hurt. the ref got in the way even before barnett can land a punch after Mir dropped.

and pettis was landing some insane kicks you can see it in bendo's face..

and its a great win for my idol :) pettis! even though he would be better at 145... he proved that the win over bendo the first time wasnt a fluke.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: