Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #31
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Most Popular Euroleague Players In China

http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/05/flopping/24850

Spanoulis loved in China!

on May 9th, 2013

By Niki Bakouli/ bakouli@eurohoops.net

During the 2006-07 season, Vassilis Spanoulis decided to try his luck at the NBA and he signed with the Houston Rockets, but realized that Europe suited better for him. And if you think the award he received, Europe loves him too.

Olympiacos’ captain was also China’s favorite player, after Euroleague for the first time gave to China’s fans the opportunity to vote for their loved one, thanks to an on-line contest organized by “RenRen”, the leading social networking platform in China. “RenRen” had 160 million registered users in 2011, and boasts 31 million active monthly users.

Spanoulis received his award after Olympiacos’ practice and he said to Eurohoops: “I owe a big “thanks” to Chinese fans who were willing to vote for me and to declare me as their favorite player. This is something I really appreciate. I thank them from the bottom of my heart, for their love and appreciation. I feel even bigger responsibilities to be even better in the future”.

He didn’t forget to mention the main reason for his appeal in China. The fact that he was teammates with Yao Ming, in Houston. “We had an amazing year together. We developed a great friendship and a strong relationship. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to play together, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is human relationships, and I am really glad we have a friendship to connect us”.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Where? It's possible but I've only seen the final four. They also see some of those guys in the off season against the national team. Bateer played in Europe one year and they didn't show him as far as I know and when I first came here most Raptors games were on because he was at the end of the bench. They used to show the Chinese team with Sun Yue from the ABA from America.

The Euroleague broadcasts twice a week on one of the sports channels on satellite.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Where? It's possible but I've only seen the final four. They also see some of those guys in the off season against the national team. Bateer played in Europe one year and they didn't show him as far as I know and when I first came here most Raptors games were on because he was at the end of the bench. They used to show the Chinese team with Sun Yue from the ABA from America.

Here we go,

http://www.euroleague.net/final-four.../i/113044/7980

This season, Chinese fans had the chance to follow Turkish Airlines Euroleague games broadcast on several Chinese TV networks, such as Guangdong TV, Liaoning TV and the web television Letv. Chinese fans enjoyed two Euroleague games per week, the Euroleague Basketball Magazine and a weekly recap on Hooppark, the most-followed basketball TV program aired by the Chinese national network CCTV.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Not nationally or even in the two biggest cities other than the web broadcasts.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #35
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Not nationally or even in the two biggest cities other than the web broadcasts.

Yes it is. On the pay satellite service.

Just in case you didn't know, Euroleague is broadcast in USA also, on NBATV. But people say it isn't. It's just the same thing you are saying.

It's on pay service channels, but it's still on there, and it is national.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #36
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Yes it is. On the pay satellite service.

Just in case you didn't know, Euroleague is broadcast in USA also, on NBATV. But people say it isn't. It's just the same thing you are saying.

It's on pay service channels, but it's still on there, and it is national.

I have cable. Haven't seen it. Semi final was just on.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #37
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I have cable. Haven't seen it. Semi final was just on.

It's on pay service channels, like NBATV in the US would be an equivalent.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #38
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL there's a website that can analyse other websites lol? I was trying to find the poll results and came across this:

http://omgili.com/thread/jHIAmI4hxg....i.kS.LsGaRi7h/

Quote:
Total authors: 15 authors
Total thread posts: 15 posts
Analysis: The sentiment of the discussion is negative. The discussion is very engaging and very controversial. It got people interested in the discussion. We find the discussion interesting and original.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: