Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #1111
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Brwnman, please don't start causing off-season drama too. The argument ended months ago, Let it rest and be happy that there wasn't a majority fvote for you to be kicked out of the league.

As for Tabak's suggestion that would be nice but as RF said, thread participation would be the issue there.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #1112
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
A voting system would be fine. Maybe 5 or 6 votes in 2 days could be enough to veto a trade, instead of 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
As for Tabak's suggestion that would be nice but as RF said, thread participation would be the issue there.

Maybe FC has a point. We can lower the number to 5 (We have at least that many active forum members)

So if 5 vote against, it gets vetoed.

And I see what your saying RapsFan about this^^ system creating more drama. But really, if 5 independent mature owners choose to veto a trade, I can't really see what anyone could say.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #1113
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd wager that 85% of this season's deals would have been vetoed, and mostly it wouldn't be because of unbiased opinions. I'm not sure that's good for any league. In most cases, all 'expert' leagues don't have vetoes which may or may not be relevant. Vetoes are saved for collusion or unique circumstances. Again, just my thoughts. Also, a keeper league throws more factors into many trades. Lot's of time to discuss.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #1114
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Brwnman, please don't start causing off-season drama too. The argument ended months ago, Let it rest and be happy that there wasn't a majority fvote for you to be kicked out of the league.
keep crying b!tch. like a GAF after what went on this season.

Quote:
I don't know or care what numbers you posted.
Those are the numbers that were traded. No league vote on that. There wasn't one category where the team was winning, yet that trade went through, because it involved you...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #1115
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Those are the numbers that were traded. No league vote on that. There wasn't one category where the team was winning, yet that trade went through, because it involved you...

Why are you posting season long stats for a deal that happened at the deadline? That deal was a mess for me. From the date of the trade, I lost in pts, 3s, assists, blks, fg and ft.....oh and Parsons missed games, and gave up a 5th round keeper in Lillard. Real win for me.

The deal went through, like every deal for 6 seasons except one where you had your tantrum.

Last edited by RapsFan : 04-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #1116
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
keep crying b!tch. like a GAF after what went on this season.

Serious question, how old are you? And assuming the answer isn't 12, why don't you act your age?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #1117
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Why are you posting season long stats for a deal that happened at the deadline? That deal was a mess for me. From the date of the trade, I lost in pts, 3s, assists, blks, fg and ft.....oh and Parsons missed games, and gave up a 5th round keeper in Lillard. Real win for me.

The deal went through, like every deal for 6 seasons except one where you had your tantrum.

but I thought we were supposed to look at the deal from the "context," not what happened after. That's how you've justified all your other deals. At that point, Terry was a waiver wire. Jeff Green is inconsistent as hell. Lillard is a baller.

Quote:
Serious question, how old are you? And assuming the answer isn't 12, why don't you act your age?

the answer is 12. Suck a d!ck ;)...
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #1118
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Those guys helped my push to 3rd. Green was tearing it up when I got the trade and he was tearing it up after as well, plus Lillard and Curry as my keepers. I didn't mind the trade at all.

I think it was the closest thing to a win win in a trade.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1119
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Brwnman just shut up already. If it was my league I would've automatically banned you from it, as RF should've done.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #1120
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I am officially saying I won't be coming back for future season. I wasn't active and you guys deserve better. A lot of stuff has been going on that just came out of nowhere with my family that it has been taking me away from a lot of Internet stuff. I do appreciate everything though guys and good luck to the future fantasy players in this league. Thanks.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #1121
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Brwnman just shut up already. If it was my league I would've automatically banned you from it, as RF should've done.
chirp.

Quote:
I am officially saying I won't be coming back for future season. I wasn't active and you guys deserve better. A lot of stuff has been going on that just came out of nowhere with my family that it has been taking me away from a lot of Internet stuff. I do appreciate everything though guys and good luck to the future fantasy players in this league. Thanks.
good luck with the fam, T-low...
Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #1122
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

If we're worried about not getting enough votes for the vetoes, we could just leave the vote open for 24 hours and majority wins? In that case, PM's could be sent to everyone in the league to give them a heads up that there is a veto vote, and then whoever shows up can vote. Just throwing another idea out there.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #1123
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
If we're worried about not getting enough votes for the vetoes, we could just leave the vote open for 24 hours and majority wins? In that case, PM's could be sent to everyone in the league to give them a heads up that there is a veto vote, and then whoever shows up can vote. Just throwing another idea out there.
Now here's a guy who's thinking!

I think it could work. Only the most lopsided trades should be discussed. Keeper value should also be taken into consideration. And in rare cases, 'intent' should also be considered.

I think with most trades one owner ultimately always wins over the other (completely even trades are few and far between). We have to use our discretion on which trades we think are 'veto worthy'. Reason being, I don't want to take the 'I just robbed your ass' factor out of doing trades. Crafty clever managers should still be rewarded.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1124
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Now here's a guy who's thinking!

I think it could work. Only the most lopsided trades should be discussed. Keeper value should also be taken into consideration. And in rare cases, 'intent' should also be considered.

I think with most trades one owner ultimately always wins over the other (completely even trades are few and far between). We have to use our discretion on which trades we think are 'veto worthy'. Reason being, I don't want to take the 'I just robbed your ass' factor out of doing trades. Crafty clever managers should still be rewarded.

Almost all deals in our league will be vetoed is my prediction.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #1125
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Almost all deals in our league will be vetoed is my prediction.
A more competitive league is my prediction then.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: