Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #16
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers with another quality win w/o Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Cool.

And I expect you to root for LA to lose despite your claims as a "laker fan". LA winning games without Kobe on the team is the typical kobe player only fans worst nightmare.

typical Kobe hater who hasn't made one post that isn't about Kobe.

TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #17
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Cool.

And I expect you to root for LA to lose despite your claims as a "laker fan". LA winning games without Kobe on the team is the typical kobe player only fans worst nightmare.

Yes I'll cheer for the Lakers to lose because what reason again? Can't wait till you disappear like a cockroach once Kobe stops being the center of your world.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 AM   #18
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
typical Kobe hater who hasn't made one post that isn't about Kobe.

This. Typical sad cu*nt
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #19
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Another quality thread, saved, bookmarked for future rep.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Even if he is a troll the guy makes somewhat of a point.
Would the Lakers play better if Kobe average 15 fga and focused on better defensive play, while incorporating the bigs into offence more.
There is a case for that, and I expect to see it next season.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #21
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

april 2013 lol
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #22
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Even if he is a troll the guy makes somewhat of a point.
Would the Lakers play better if Kobe average 15 fga and focused on better defensive play, while incorporating the bigs into offence more.
There is a case for that, and I expect to see it next season.

Yep. Kobe could be an asset if he restructured his game to that of someone who accepts being a third option while picking his looks wisely to get an efficient 18 PPG or so. He has to focus on defense too. None of this going through the motions lethargic bullshit that hes done all year.

Kobe has had a problem with deferring his entire career though, so don't expect it to happen. It's even cost his team a few rings in the Finals.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #23
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
It's even cost his team a few rings in the Finals.
Besides 2004, when did Kobe fail to win a title because of it?
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #24
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yep. Kobe could be an asset if he restructured his game to that of someone who accepts being a third option while picking his looks wisely to get an efficient 18 PPG or so. He has to focus on defense too. None of this going through the motions lethargic bullshit that hes done all year.

Kobe has had a problem with deferring his entire career though, so don't expect it to happen. It's even cost his team a few rings in the Finals.
I don't know if he has to be third option, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But he definitely didn't help the Lakers out this year by alienating with his style of play.

He visibly showed no effort on defense, in order to save energy to put up at times hollow offensive numbers to get the glory. But anyone who watched the games knew he wasn't putting forth the right amount of energy on defense in order to be a good leader of his ball club.

I think Kobe's play sucked the motivation out of his teammates, specifically Dwight and Gasol. It's been 3 years running now that Gasol has seemingly been fed up with "Kobe Ball" ... thus the Lakers pre-mature demise in 2011.

If Kobe actually cared about winning, he would've put more energy on defense all season, shot a little less, distributed and picked his spots better. I say averaging around 24 ppg with MUCH better defense would've helped the Lakers a lot.

With that said, he played fantastic down the stretch. No longer were the offensive numbers hollow, and he was playing hard on defense.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #25
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Yet another great team taken down by the Kobeless Lakers.

I'll call it now. Without Kobe this team is good enough to win a series in the playoffs. Dude was holding the team back all year with his shit defense and cancerous style of play.

If Kobe was playing I would take SA in 5 games. Without him I'll take LA. LA can actually play some defense without that one-dimensional player playing 45 minutes a game.

Kobe brings nothing to a team unless hes dominating the ball and he was never good enough this year to warrant having the ball. Dude brings no intangibles to a team, no spacing, no defense, no hustle, nothing except for high usage rates and high volume shooting. Replace Kobe with a guy like Steph Curry and LA is one of the top 2 seeds in the conference easily.

This is easily supported by LAs record without Kobe where they have proven to be successful.

That is the honest truth.
Kobe = overrated ball hog
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: