Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #31
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Start Darius Morris/Bench Metta World Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Is anyone with me now. Having Metta and Nash out there at the same time is like playing 5 against 3 for the opposing team.

Will somebody tell D'antoni to use some common sense and move Metta to the bench and give either Meeks or Morris the starting role in his place.

Im so lost on why are you so fixated on who is starting rather than who should play more minutes. I like Meeks to play more minutes than Metta but I don't like him to be on the bench and result to him subbing and playing wiht Blake. Both Blake and Metta are so limited and can't create their own shot, atleast Meeks is faster to cut and get off a quicker shot when Kobe is sitting on the bench.
I would like Dwight to be pulled out at the 7-8 min mark and play with the reserves. In that way, they establish an inside out system, Howard commands a double team which will free up the shooters.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #32
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im so lost on why are you so fixated on who is starting rather than who should play more minutes. I like Meeks to play more minutes than Metta but I don't like him to be on the bench and result to him subbing and playing wiht Blake. Both Blake and Metta are so limited and can't create their own shot, atleast Meeks is faster to cut and get off a quicker shot when Kobe is sitting on the bench.
I would like Dwight to be pulled out at the 7-8 min mark and play with the reserves. In that way, they establish an inside out system, Howard commands a double team which will free up the shooters.

You really seem to ignore what 'Antoni wants to do and what the effects are.
Why would a team worry about double teaming Dwight when he is not an offensive focus of our team? Dude takes like 8 shots a game now, and the coach doesn't believe in the post up game.
Your ideas would be very good ones if we had a traditional coach.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #33
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
You really seem to ignore what 'Antoni wants to do and what the effects are.
Why would a team worry about double teaming Dwight when he is not an offensive focus of our team? Dude takes like 8 shots a game now, and the coach doesn't believe in the post up game.
Your ideas would be very good ones if we had a traditional coach.

Howard is taking 10 shots/game, only 3 less than when he was in Orlando, and that's with Kobe, Nash and heck Metta whose been going crazy taking those low % shots in the team. .
You also add 9 FTs which is essentially 4 extra shots/game. I happened to be in Staples when he took more shots vs Cleveland and Boston. But yes there were games that Kobe, Nash, Metta gets carried away and move away from Dwight like the last 3 games but even when he took only 8 in Denver, he took, 14FTs. so...Back when he coached Phoenix, Amare also had some decent amt of shots.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #34
DKLaker

Quote:
Howard is taking 10 shots/game, only 3 less than when he was in Orlando, and that's with Kobe, Nash and heck Metta whose been going crazy taking those low % shots in the team. .
You also add 9 FTs which is essentially 4 extra shots/game. I happened to be in Staples when he took more shots vs Cleveland and Boston. But yes there were games that Kobe, Nash, Metta gets carried away and move away from Dwight like the last 3 games but even when he took only 8 in Denver, he took, 14FTs. so...Back when he coached Phoenix, Amare also had some decent amt of shots.

Amare could hit from 15 feet and out, Dwight can't.
My point is that if a team is not going to get you the ball because their goal every time down court is to shoot 3's then why bother focusing on a double team? He is not freeing up any shooters......besides our shooters are not that good or reliable.
Uh.....he shot MORE free thrown in Orlando...so by your logic he is getting even less shots (No offense intended )
Other point, Dwight's shots in Orlando were all in the paint with him being the focus of the offense, it's a whole different ballgame now.....so don't let the shot count fool you......WATCH THE GAME NOT THE STATS
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Amare could hit from 15 feet and out, Dwight can't.
My point is that if a team is not going to get you the ball because their goal every time down court is to shoot 3's then why bother focusing on a double team? He is not freeing up any shooters......besides our shooters are not that good or reliable.
Uh.....he shot MORE free thrown in Orlando...so by your logic he is getting even less shots (No offense intended )
Other point, Dwight's shots in Orlando were all in the paint with him being the focus of the offense, it's a whole different ballgame now.....so don't let the shot count fool you......WATCH THE GAME NOT THE STATS

I do watch the games, like I said I was there in Staples when Dwight had quite a bit of touches. I mentioned the shot attempts to focus more on facts rather than our our subjective observations.
I guess I just don't get it because I am not a coach like you, right?
In a way, I know what you are saying esp now Kobe is all locked in and Nash is being assertive, but I just disagree that Dwight is not getting any touches at all.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
I do watch the games, like I said I was there in Staples when Dwight had quite a bit of touches. I mentioned the shot attempts to focus more on facts rather than our our subjective observations.
I guess I just don't get it because I am not a coach like you, right?
In a way, I know what you are saying esp now Kobe is all locked in and Nash is being assertive, but I just disagree that Dwight is not getting any touches at all.

Lol.....not a coaching issue at all, I meant that you tend to focus on stats rather than watching the game with an eye on WHERE those touches come from, Dwight's amount of touches in the paint are the lowest in his career.
Surely you realize that there is no other coach in the NBA that would give him as few touches as 'Antoni. We are on the same page in believing that Dwight should be a bigger part of the offense and have more touches in the paint
Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Morris would have slowed Wall down if he played. Metta made ariza look like carmelo out there. He needs to come off the bench and play 4.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: