Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Because MJ knows Lebron is a far greater threat to his legacy than Kobe the stringbean is/was.

MJ's agenda was quite clear, and self serving above anything else.
That is a serious assumption. Or you're just mad MJ isn't so quick to knob slob LeBron like every other over zelous "analyst". The insecurity lies with LeBron fans. Not with MJ.

Kobe for quite a period had the potential to threaten MJ's legacy. He had 3 rings by the ripe young age of only 23 years old. MJ at no point talked down Kobe in fear of his legacy.

Even with Bron playing as well as he is now, he has to take some MAJOR steps to come even remotely close to MJ's legacy. And he probably needs an extra ring, and couple all time great NBA Finals performances to wipe the slate clean of that turd he left in our minds in 2011.

MJ's just being cautious. Just cause he doesn't salivate the new guy doesn't mean he's threatned. Sure he's competitive, but MJ has always said he gives respect when it's EARNED. Not given ... EARNED.

Understand that. That's also why he thinks the post MJ generation has been so weak. Everything has been handed to them on a silver platter. That's why he respects Kobe, no matter what you say about him, he earned his rep through hard work.

LeBron was a slacker before putting the effort, work, and heart it takes to win. He just NOW started to turn things around. No longer the ghetto, 4 year old dancing on the sidelines and chickening out in crunch time.m Just now did he start playing like a champion with a "F You" edge to his game.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #32
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Because MJ knows Lebron is a far greater threat to his legacy than Kobe the stringbean is/was.

MJ's agenda was quite clear, and self serving above anything else.

how is that?....

No one will ever threaten MJ's legacy....let's be real.....the way he played and the fact that he changed the way athletes were marketed.....no one is going to change that.

IMO....He stands alone in that regard......i also hold Magic and Bird as standing alone in the regard of the way they changed Basketball.....and thier rivalry.

and Kobe is carving out his own Legacy as one of the all time greats....and maybe the greatest Laker ever...

Lebron is doing th same thing.....overcoming all the pressure and playing/Dominating the game.....

I don't think any player will mean more to the game as Magic or Bird.....I don't think any player will capture the imagination as much as MJ did......

I don't think any player loved the game as Much as Kobe does.....and I don't think any player will be as special as LBJ...

but to say any player will be greater then Jordan?...never gonna happen.

we know it, MJ knows it.......all MJ said was he prefered Kobe's style over Lebrons....because Kobe's is Proven as winning more...that is all.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #33
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
That is a serious assumption. Or you're just mad MJ isn't so quick to knob slob LeBron like every other over zelous "analyst". The insecurity lies with LeBron fans. Not with MJ.

Kobe for quite a period had the potential to threaten MJ's legacy. He had 3 rings by the ripe young age of only 23 years old. MJ at no point talked down Kobe in fear of his legacy.

Even with Bron playing as well as he is now, he has to take some MAJOR steps to come even remotely close to MJ's legacy. And he probably needs an extra ring, and couple all time great NBA Finals performances to wipe the slate clean of that turd he left in our minds in 2011.

MJ's just being cautious. Just cause he doesn't salivate the new guy doesn't mean he's threatned. Sure he's competitive, but MJ has always said he gives respect when it's EARNED. Not given ... EARNED.

Understand that. That's also why he thinks the post MJ generation has been so weak. Everything has been handed to them on a silver platter. That's why he respects Kobe, no matter what you say about him, he earned his rep through hard work.

LeBron was a slacker before putting the effort, work, and heart it takes to win. He just NOW started to turn things around. No longer the ghetto, 4 year old dancing on the sidelines and chickening out in crunch time.m Just now did he start playing like a champion with a "F You" edge to his game.
Only a retard would actually believe that you actually think he was chickened out in crunch time with th cavs And just because he didn;t win before does it make him a slacker same with MJ when he finally won it all. I'm sure MJ doesn't win it all at the age lebron took his team to his first finals and if he lost it I'm sure not going to call him a slacker because I'm not retarded and know it's a team game. MJ certainly had a good team as well.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #34
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
how is that?....

No one will ever threaten MJ's legacy....let's be real.....the way he played and the fact that he changed the way athletes were marketed.....no one is going to change that.

IMO....He stands alone in that regard......i also hold Magic and Bird as standing alone in the regard of the way they changed Basketball.....and thier rivalry.

and Kobe is carving out his own Legacy as one of the all time greats....and maybe the greatest Laker ever...

Lebron is doing th same thing.....overcoming all the pressure and playing/Dominating the game.....

I don't think any player will mean more to the game as Magic or Bird.....I don't think any player will capture the imagination as much as MJ did......

I don't think any player loved the game as Much as Kobe does.....and I don't think any player will be as special as LBJ...

but to say any player will be greater then Jordan?...never gonna happen.

we know it, MJ knows it.......all MJ said was he prefered Kobe's style over Lebrons....because Kobe's is Proven as winning more...that is all.
He never said that, he said now who had the better career lebron's his far from over you retard and funny you're accepting MJ is far far from kobe when you atually tried to convince people kobe was possibly the GOAT (Btw kobe isn't currently carving out his legacy unless you mean leading one of the most stacked paper teams to a losing season to miss the playoffs "carving out a legacy")
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: