Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #46
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation
Default Re: This Is Durant's Prime Right Now

Amazing scorer, but I really don't see him improving innate skills like court vision. The thing I could see him improving is his defense, mainly because of his length..
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I think people get a little offended too often on this topic. Just as a reference Michael Jordan scored 37 ppg in his third year at 23 years old. He never reached that number again. That doesn't mean that he never got better as a basketball player, but he just wasn't able to put up those types of stats again. I think as an individual player, he peaked in 1990, the year they lost to the Pistons in game 7. That was when he was the most complete and total player that I had ever seen. The funny thing is, the years that he actually won his rings, he was in the decline phase. His stats went down year after year, but the team got better.

You have to remember, when we are talking about prime and peak, we are talking about individual achievements. When we are talking about winning, we are talking about team achievements. The 2 don't always coincide.

KAJ is another one. He won almost all his titles in his decline period. Wilt Chamberlain as well. He never was able to match his 50/26 season when he was 25 years old.

SMH Y THE FCUK DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING MJ WAS DECLINING STARTING IN 91???? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? I DONT SEE IT....IS IT BECAUSE HE WASNT DOING DUNK CONTESTS ANYMORE??? LIKE PEOPLE CHILL THE FCUK OUT WITH THIS WHOLE NOTION THAT MJ WAS DECLINING IN 91...I SAY HE STARTED SHOWING DECLINE DURING THE SECOND THREE PEAT.....Y????? REGGIE MILLER WAS GIVING MJ THE BUSINESS DURING THOSE YEARS AND WE ALL KNOW PRIME MJ WOULD HAVE MADE REGGIE MILLER HIS LIL SISSY. ITS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DECLININ AND CHANGING YOUR GAME TO BETER SUIT THE TEAM....YALL MEAN TO TELL ME MJ WAS DECLINING IN HIS 8TH FCUKING YEAR IN THE LEAGUE????? CMON YALL DAMN!!!!!!! IM SO SICK OF HEARIN THAT SHIT
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #48
Fudge
BREAKING

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I didn't say it's the norm. I said the stats he accumulates makes it appear like his impact is greater than it really is. I stand by that 100%.

Look, the dude is obviously a top 5 player in the NBA no matter which way you slice it. I'm just saying his stats look a little more impressive than what he actually does. I just used last night's game as an example of how stats alone can be deceptive.
And that's where the "ignorant" part kicks in.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #49
Rondo
High School Varsity 12th Man

Rondo has decent reputationRondo has decent reputation

Gotta laugh at Miami fans bitching about Durant and how he's aided by the refs. You have the most ref assisted, biggest cheat to ever play the game. You know who...

I suppose you guys are qualified to comment on this subject, eh?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #50
che guevara
National High School Star

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

Durant is definitely in his prime right now. Most stars are in their prime by year 6, Lebron for example had his best complete season to date in year 6 at Durant's age (though I expect his current season to surpass '09 when it's over).

Doesn't mean he's peaked, but he's definitely in his prime.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #51
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
And that's where the "ignorant" part kicks in.
Yeah, you're gonna need to explain how in the world that would equate to ignorance.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #52
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
Gotta laugh at Miami fans bitching about Durant and how he's aided by the refs. You have the most ref assisted, biggest cheat to ever play the game. You know who...

I suppose you guys are qualified to comment on this subject, eh?

No one gets more help than Durant
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #53
Rondo
High School Varsity 12th Man

Rondo has decent reputationRondo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
No one gets more help than Durant

The ref's haven't given a title to Durant, so...
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: