Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #271
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Larry Bird
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #272
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick
 
Round Mound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,219
Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_3
That pass at that starts at 2:18 is absolutely ridiculous. tipped rebound, catches it in mid air and then launches it 50-60 feet upcourt while still in the air right to the hands of one of his players. Is there anyone in the NBA with that kind of court awareness to make that type of play?

And He Had To Time That He Doesn`t Touch the Ball While Standing On The Line Before Comming Back In...Simply The Most Aware Player In NBA History. Nobody Had Better Court Vision and Body Movement Coordination than Larry Bird!
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #273
Living Being
Entity of Existence
 
Living Being's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,223
Living Being has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_3
That pass at that starts at 2:18 is absolutely ridiculous. tipped rebound, catches it in mid air and then launches it 50-60 feet upcourt while still in the air right to the hands of one of his players. Is there anyone in the NBA with that kind of court awareness to make that type of play?
Exactly, and he didn't get the assist. LeBron is about the stats.
Living Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #274
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

come on man, why are there 2 threads about this, which iz a damn lie to begin with?
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #275
Unbiased_one
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 985
Unbiased_one has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
come on man, why are there 2 threads about this, which iz a damn lie to begin with?

why do you feel the need to use z instead of s the whole time. And it's not a lie, it's an opinion (a flawed one though imho)
Unbiased_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #276
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
why do you feel the need to use z instead of s the whole time. And it's not a lie, it's an opinion (a flawed one though imho)
cuz thats how it iz, you right it iz a opinion, a dumb one at that
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #277
Unbiased_one
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 985
Unbiased_one has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
cuz thats how it iz, you right it iz a opinion, a dumb one at that

well it's not dumb, because there are a number of strong arguments in favour of it. It's certainly a lot less dumb than most of the trash you peddle on here.
Unbiased_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #278
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP
 
Djahjaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 683
Djahjaga has decent reputation
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Better than Bird at literally everything besides FT shooting. Way faster, stronger, more athletic, better passer, better scorer, better rebounder, way better defender, and much more efficient.

Only lagging in number of titles. This guy will be the second greatest player ever when all is said and done (if he isn't already).

First one is debatable (I'd lean toward Bird). Second one is just false. Bird was a great rebounder.

For what it's worth, I do think he'll be better than Bird when it's all said and done, and Larry Bird's my favorite player all-time.
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #279
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
well it's not dumb, because there are a number of strong arguments in favour of it. It's certainly a lot less dumb than most of the trash you peddle on here.
bird has how many rings? and lebron has how many? did bird left celtics to play with bulls, pistons or lakers????
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #280
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP
 
Djahjaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 683
Djahjaga has decent reputation
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
And He Had To Time That He Doesn`t Touch the Ball While Standing On The Line Before Comming Back In...Simply The Most Aware Player In NBA History. Nobody Had Better Court Vision and Body Movement Coordination than Larry Bird!

This is gonna sound a bit fanboyish, but I've always liked your posts. You're clearly Barkley's biggest fan, but you hold no delusions about his limitations or the abilities of other great players. That is, despite clearly having a favorite player, you don't have an agenda and are generally unbiased.

Keep that sh*t up
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #281
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

3 x straight season MVPs

2 x FMVPs. One against dominant championship winning magic's LAL.

2 x MVP sweeps in 1984 & 1996.

LBJ has MVP against "ROOKIE FINALIST" OKC. compare OKC to 1984 LAL.

Greatest SF ever.

1. Bird
2. LBJ.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #282
Unbiased_one
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 985
Unbiased_one has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
bird has how many rings? and lebron has how many?

do you think havlicek is greater than jordan? Like I said I still think bird is greater, but there are a lot of strong arguments in favour of lebron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
did bird left celtics to play with bulls, pistons or lakers????

Not only is this not english, but it is also totally irrelevant. A player's free agency choices have nothing to do with how great they are. Did you know that kobe was not drafted by the lakers but blackmailed his way into a trade to them? Wilt moved several times in hunt of rings etc. Not to mention that jordan, bird and magic all were on strong franchises from day one whereas lebron was never going to win a championship on the gilbert cavs. There were good reasons for why he moved, not that it matters anyway.
Unbiased_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #283
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
3 x straight season MVPs

2 x FMVPs. One against dominant championship winning magic's LAL.

2 x MVP sweeps in 1984 & 1996.

LBJ has MVP against "ROOKIE FINALIST" OKC. compare OKC to 1984 LAL.

Greatest SF ever.

1. Bird
2. LBJ.
end thread/
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #284
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,571
pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

In terms of overall talent/skill... productions.. domination.... yes, why not...

In terms of accolades he needs some more rings to pass Bird..
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #285
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased_one


Not only is this not english, but it is also totally irrelevant. A player's free agency choices have nothing to do with how great they are. Did you know that kobe was not drafted by the lakers but blackmailed his way into a trade to them? Wilt moved several times in hunt of rings etc. Not to mention that jordan, bird and magic all were on strong franchises from day one whereas lebron was never going to win a championship on the gilbert cavs. There were good reasons for why he moved, not that it matters anyway.
lebron had a chance if he didnt gave up every year when he was with cleveland, he left because he didnt want all tha pressure on him, plain and simple
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy