Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #106
irondarts

Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

This offseason has really shown how TERRIBLE of a GM Kevin Towers is. He's absolutely horrible. Gave Bauer away for NOTHING and got an absolutely terrible package for Upton. Plus he signed fvcking Cody Ross for nearly 10 million a year for 3 years.

Seriously. He needs to be fired. He sucks. He's ruining the Diamondbacks.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #107
irondarts

Although Prado is an extremely underrated player and a very good player.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #108
irondarts

The Mets have signed Shaun Marcum to a 1 year contract.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #109
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Mets have signed Shaun Marcum to a 1 year contract.
Nice deal too, I wanted the Tigers to go after him if they didn't sign Sanchez back.

Hell I wish they would have done this instead.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #110
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
This offseason has really shown how TERRIBLE of a GM Kevin Towers is. He's absolutely horrible. Gave Bauer away for NOTHING and got an absolutely terrible package for Upton. Plus he signed fvcking Cody Ross for nearly 10 million a year for 3 years.

Seriously. He needs to be fired. He sucks. He's ruining the Diamondbacks.
Prado is solid but not great. His war was based on a crazy uzr in lf last year. Hes never been an every day 3b in the majors and it's questionable to see how his d works there. As a hitter him and upton were essentially even last year even though it was an awful year for upton

Edit and they still only got 1 yr of control of Prado for 3 yrs of upton
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #111
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
The Oakland A’s acquired infielder Jed Lowrie and right-handed pitcher Fernando Rodriguez from the Houston Astros for first baseman Chris Carter, right-handed pitcher Brad Peacock and minor league catcher Max Stassi.

i hate this trade unless the SS we acquired from Japan was not ready for the mlb. Also i don't trust Moss full time at first and Barton is AAAA at max.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #112
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Brandon Webb retired, completely forgot about that guy.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/89...dbacks-retires

Tigers signed Scherzer to a one year deal.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #113
irondarts

D-Backs gave Martin Prado a 4 yr/40 million dollar extension. The Upton trade just keeps looking worse. God Kevin Towers sucks.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #114
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
i hate this trade unless the SS we acquired from Japan was not ready for the mlb. Also i don't trust Moss full time at first and Barton is AAAA at max.

Yeah I don't like that at all. Carter seemed to be doing much better last season and platooning was working out.

Barton can't hit, I also don't trust Moss full time, Umm.. maybe they're making room for Green down the line? We do have a logjam at OF.

But Stassi and Peacock too? Yikes... this had better play out nicely.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #115
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Ryan Braun's name listed in Biogenesis clinic records

Quote:
Milwaukee Brewers star Ryan Braun's name is in records of the Miami-area clinic alleged to have distributed performance-enhancing drugs to a rash of baseball players, and Major League Baseball will investigate the link to the former MVP who tested positive for illegal synthetic testosterone during the 2011 postseason.
Three of the Biogenesis clinic records obtained by Yahoo! Sports show Braun's name. Unlike the players named by the Miami New Times in its report that blew open the Biogenesis case, Braun's name is not listed next to any specific PEDs.
MLB is investigating the Biogenesis clinic and its operator, Anthony Bosch, to determine the breadth of Bosch's alleged PED dispersal throughout the sport. The league could pursue punishment through non-analytical positives – evidentiary links to players without positive tests – and one source said it will not limit the potential discipline to those whose names are surfacing for the first time, meaning those who have faced suspensions in the past could again be tried.
Braun is on a list that includes Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera and Cesar Carrillo, who the New Times reported received PEDs from Bosch. Also on the list are New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia, who weren't listed near PEDs either. The record matches a document the New Times posted with Braun's name redacted and Cervelli and Valencia's cut off.
Representatives for Braun, Cervelli and Valencia did not return multiple phone messages left by Yahoo! Sports.

At least two other documents in the trove given to the New Times by a former Biogenesis employee mention Braun. In one, his name is on a line, with "RB 20-30K" on the next. Bosch listed the amount of money owed by other players in similar notation, though the numbers were usually lower.
Later in the document are multiple mentions of Chris Lyons, one of Braun's attorneys during the 2011-12 offseason when he fought a positive drug test. While Braun never contested the findings of the test, which found elevated testosterone levels in his urine, a 50-game suspension was overturned after chain-of-custody issues arose from the test-taker keeping the specimen in his basement over the weekend instead of immediately shipping it to a testing lab. Braun denied use of testosterone publicly.
When reached by Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday evening, Lyons declined comment.
The early portion of MLB's investigation has focused on the web of connections to the University of Miami, where Braun attended college. Carrillo, a pitcher in the Detroit Tigers organization, was Braun's road roommate for three years. Jimmy Goins, a strength-and-conditioning coach at the school and alleged client of Bosch's, worked with Braun during his three years at Miami. Goins has denied a connection to Bosch.
At least two others implicated by the New Times – Washington Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez and San Diego Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal – have worked with Goins. Grandal, Cabrera and Bartolo Colon, all listed in Bosch's records, were suspended by MLB after testing positive for testosterone this season. MLB is considering pursuing further discipline against them, particularly if the league can acquire records that tie players to PEDs on different dates than their positive tests.
Two league officials met with New Times editors in Miami on Monday hopeful the newspaper would turn over the documents, which would aid an investigation and potential arbitration hearings if the league were to pursue suspensions. While the newspaper did not give the records to MLB, it is still considering doing so, according to two sources.
The third record is a letter from Bosch that appears to be to Juan Nunez, a former runner for the ACES sports agency that represents Cabrera, Cruz and Gonzalez. Though undated, it congratulates "Juan" on "the MVP award" – a possible reference to Cabrera's All-Star Game MVP – and continues: "This smells like the 'Braun' advantage."

Braun's name does not appear in the document on the New Times' website.

The players as well as Bosch issued blanket denials in the aftermath of the New Times report. Rodriguez said in a statement he was never treated by Bosch and "(t)he purported documents referenced in the story – at least as they relate to Alex Rodriguez – are not legitimate." Rodriguez also denied an ESPN.com report that Bosch had personally injected him.
In a statement, Gonzalez said: "I've never met or spoken with Tony Bosch or used any substances provided by him." Attorneys representing Cruz said: "To the extent these allegations and inferences refer to Nelson, they are denied."
Bosch's attorney said the New Times story was "filled with inaccuracies, innuendo and misstatements of fact."
Braun has eight years and more than $130 million remaining on his current contract. He finished second in NL MVP voting last season after hitting a league-leading 41 home runs.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #116
irondarts

Braun's statement:

Quote:
"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant," reads the statement. "More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples. There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list. I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter." According to Yahoo! Sports, there is a scribble in the Biogenesis records that reads "RB 20-30K."

Anyone buying it, I kind of believe him, it makes sense.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #117
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Braun's statement:

Kind of, the whole him having herpes and that's why he tested positive thing was a more interesting story though.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #118
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Braun's statement:

I don't believe him for a second. First, he tested positive which is better evidence than what anyone has on many players assumed to be guilty, now he happens to show up on the list of a guy accused of giving PEDs to players?

I don't care that he's lying, I'd probably do the same thing in his position, but I don't see how anyone could believe him. Of all the guys he consults, he happens to consult this guy? I believe he got the suspension appealed on a technicality, nothing more. He's a confirmed PED guy, imo, truly confirmed, not just one I heavily suspect, or evidence implicating him.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #119
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

so bourne is still out there? players need to stop hiring that dick scott boras as an agent.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #120
brwnman

Braun isn't clean. As ^ he said, he got off on a technicality. He wasn't fighting that he tested positive, he was fighting to keep his pay check for losing out on 50 games...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: