Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Jonas Jerebko getting no minutes on Pistons

Jerebko began last season as a starter and never griped when Ben Wallace, and later Jason Maxiell, stepped into the starting power forward role. Jerebko continued to play hard and was praised for energizing the second unit.

Today, that backup job belongs to Charlie Villanueva. In the last 24 games, Jerebko has appeared once, for six garbage minutes.

"Of course, I'm disappointed," Jerebko said. "But all I can do is keep working hard and that's what I'm doing. I feel good about what I'm doing.

"I just go into the gym every day and do the same things I always do. Just trying to get better. Do what I can control."

-- Reported by David Mayo of Michigan Live
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Default Re: Jonas Jerebko getting no minutes on Pistons

I would much rather be playing Jonas than Charlie. I see Jonas as a long time back-up combo-forward that is rangy and has good work ethic. Charlie is just one dimensional flavor of the month kind of player...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
embersyc
Lurker

Jerebko does not belong at the 4 spot period. Until Frank realizes this JJ won't get much minutes.

He is a 3.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

When CV and Austin Daye get playing time then it's hard to get Jerebko in the lineup. The problem is whenever any of these guys get minutes they have been playing well. I for some reason feel like we're going to lose a few of these guys and they're going to start tearing it up for another team. But since we have a coach who won't play them we will be losing out. We're one of the worst teams in the league. We may as well develop our young guys. It's time for Drummond to start. Maxiell is not a starter in this league. I wouldn't even have him in the rotation. I like the small spurts I've seen from Daye and CV. Let's see if they can be consistent with it. At the very least if CV plays well it increases his trade value. There's plenty of teams that want a big man that can shoot. Jerebko should be the energy guy from the bench. He deserves to be out there.

Right now it looks like we'll end up with another pick that will be from around #7 to #10. That isn't going to help us this year. We need a top 3 pick. We aren't going to land a FA that will turn around the franchise. We need to start seeing what some of these young guys have and then we can assess what direction we need to go in. I never liked Frank as a coach. I don't like what he's doing right now with the distribution of the minutes and developing our younger players.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
embersyc
Lurker

I pretty much disagree with everything you said.

Tanking never works.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I pretty much disagree with everything you said.

Tanking never works.

Apparently you didn't read the post. I didn't say tank. I said develop the younger guys. They are two completely different things.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Apparently you didn't read the post. I didn't say tank. I said develop the younger guys. They are two completely different things.

I half agree with your post mate > But when you said Maxiell shouldn't be in our rotation...

He is the only guy on the Pistons I can 100% count on to give 100% effort for every single second he is out there. He is one of the toughest players in the entire league and tires the opposition with his extremely physical style of play.

I do however agree that he is not a starter - but he definitely warrants between 5 - 15 minutes depending on match ups...

And we arn't going to get a top 3 pick, heck we might not even get a top 10 pick the way we are going. But I truly believe in Monroe, Drummond and Knight as a solid 3 piece foundation to build around, remember they have an average age of 21. Let's see what they can do with 2 or 3 years more development...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
I half agree with your post mate > But when you said Maxiell shouldn't be in our rotation...

He is the only guy on the Pistons I can 100% count on to give 100% effort for every single second he is out there. He is one of the toughest players in the entire league and tires the opposition with his extremely physical style of play.

I do however agree that he is not a starter - but he definitely warrants between 5 - 15 minutes depending on match ups...

And we arn't going to get a top 3 pick, heck we might not even get a top 10 pick the way we are going. But I truly believe in Monroe, Drummond and Knight as a solid 3 piece foundation to build around, remember they have an average age of 21. Let's see what they can do with 2 or 3 years more development...

I have no problem with Max getting a few minutes. I just want some of the other people to have more. No doubt he gives 100%. He's absolutely not a starter in the NBA. He's definitely more of a role player. PF is a huge weakness for us right now. That's really why I think it's time for Drummond to start at C and Monroe to start at PF. With that I do want to see Daye & Jerebko playing more. That leaves out other people.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: