Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum > Fantasy Alternative ISH League

Fantasy Alternative ISH League Fantasy Alternative BBall League 2012-13

Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation
Default Regarding the Anderson Varejao trade:

As its important for the league to continue its known high standards of clean competitive fair play, especially since this trade involves the commish (me).

Anyways, so I sent out offers for Andy V few hours before the injury news broke out (owners that have receive email preference option on can confirm).

Even though the trade was accepted 6 hours or so after the injury was reported, I'm guessing TeamXFactor:Orealius was not aware of it (otherwise pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted it).

While I know most of you will think its tough luck and up to the owner to do homework before accepting trades, at the same time, I also have known quite a few people that are against trades such as these (although usually shorter time gap between the breaking news and the time of trade acceptance).

Therefore, to not just be as fair as possible, but also to reaffirm that there is nothing dirty going on, I will let the league voice their opinions on this - if six people or more (50% of the league) are against the trade, I have no issue with veto'ing the trade. I will keep the trade suspended for the next 36 hours (unless a majority decision is reached by then).

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 01-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Re: Regarding the Anderson Varejao trade:

If the news was out there for a decent amount of time, then I believe it's on the manager to take the 2-3 minutes to do their homework. This isn't a quick dump (which are dirty and unethical in my opinion), it's known that Varejao is injured, as indicated by that big INJ next to his name. Regardless of whether the time frame was reported or not (and it seems like the time frame was reported which makes it even more clear in my eyes), accept the consequences of the gamble. As much as it may suck, I think the trade should be processed. Live and learn.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

You gotta veto the trade. Some people have different work schedules, time zones, families etc...

I mean the first report on rotoworld was he was playing this week. Then later it said he was out 6-8 weeks. Same day stuff.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
If the news was out there for a decent amount of time, then I believe it's on the manager to take the 2-3 minutes to do their homework. This isn't a quick dump (which are dirty and unethical in my opinion), it's known that Varejao is injured, as indicated by that big INJ next to his name. Regardless of whether the time frame was reported or not (and it seems like the time frame was reported which makes it even more clear in my eyes), accept the consequences of the gamble. As much as it may suck, I think the trade should be processed. Live and learn.
Gotta agree here because this isn't a rookie league right?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

let it through and then lock DZW up for rape
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
let it through and then lock DZW up for rape

D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote