Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Wade's Historical Rank Among SGs

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Anyone have accurate stats for Wade in the 2006 - 2007 season, before his injury?
    He was injured the 1st game after allstar break

pre ASB

28.8/4.8/7.8 49.5 fg%

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...&type=Fielding

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    28.8 pts, 7.9 asts, 4.8 rebs, 2.2 stls, 1.3 blks on 49% (46 games).
    Thanks

So basically 29 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg, 2 spg, and 1 bpg on 50% FG percentage.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Being real now (and it's not like I heard the argument) Drexler is simply not as good as Dwyane Wade. It's ridiculous to think so.

Wade might have been the MVP in 07 if he doesn't get hurt. He was ridiculous.

He was a beast the next year. And the year after, he should have won the MVP.

When you factor in the playoffs, Wade was the Heat's best player in 05. The next year, he was insane. He's a guy who does everything without over-dominating the ball to do so. Dwyane Wade is better than Drexler.

Maybe he could have been better than West, but I really don't see how he could be considered better than West right now. But there is no one outside that top 3 that really has any argument over him.

Lastly, Lebron really only established himself as the league's best player during last year. Not saying Wade was or was not the best player in the league, but he's in that discussion. Couldn't we argue that West was never the best player in the league? It was Wilt then Kareem...isn't that an argument to have? Whatever, Wade is #4 with a comparable prime to #3...but unless Wade goes back to being truly elite, he won't climb West. And even then, he might not.
    Fair assessment. And after further review, Drexler hasnt accomplished what Wade has. Wade should be ranked higher. But I'm sure had Drexler teamed with Barkley and thr Suns or Malone and the Jazz or Ewing and the Knicks, hed have more rings and be at leadt on par with Wade

IMHO, Wade's Top 4 SG, Top 6 guard, and a Top 25-30 player of all-time.

Great regular season and playoff statistics. When healthy, is considered a Top 3 player in his prime/peak. He rivals both Kobe Bryant and LeBron James at his peak. Had the most "Jordan-esque" Finals for SG in 2006 and that might be his signature moment.

What draws him back his short prime (06-11) which was riddled with numerous injuries, ala Tracy McGrady, hence not making him a very reliable talent for a long stretch. It also shows in his peak of 2009, that he ran out of steam vs a Hawks team I thought they could have beaten.

I think in terms of historical status, he will probably get overshadowed by some of his peers (James, Bryant, Durant, etc...), but I would certainly say if he can play at a high level as is career runs down and contributes well to championship teams, he might be more revered like he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Jerry west was before our time but lets be real here. Ask yourself this. If jerry west played on the same team as lebron would people give him 1a/1b status? Think about that.
    I'd certainly say yes.

West had to be the 1b earlier on in his career to Elgin Baylor. Why should I not consider West to be same way with James ?

I also think West's mid-range game makes him even a better match with James than Wade does... and West had brilliant playoffs performances.

I'm also of the opinion that Wade's rating is just fine. Not overrated or underrated, really.

Banned

[QUOTE=NLZ]Iverson vs Wade
    1x Most Valuable Player vs 0x Most Valuable Player
    0x Finals MVP vs 1x Finals MVP
    1x Rookie of the Year vs 0x Rookie of the Year
    [B]11

SUREEEE wade is better than pistol was

Wade over Gervin, Iverson, Havlicek?!?!?

This shit is out of hand. This wade movement needs to slow down, this is getting on the line of blasphemous.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    The League changed the rules for players like Wade.
    So why has he done the best against the physical defenses of his time when compared to Kobe and Lebron?
    Hes torched Boston and Detroit, both teams that Kobe and Lebron big time struggled against.

Its utterly hilarious that you claim Wade is somehow overrated and his career is based off one series.
    - Hes quite easily the best finals performer of his generation. Kobe and Lebron don't come close. Wade has been all time great in 2 of his finals, and fantastic in his other one.
    - Hes the only one not to have been bothered by the best defenses unlike Kobe and Lebron.
    - He has 25/5/5 career averages. How in the world can you be overrated with those type of numbers over a 10 year career to date?
    - Judging him by all defensive teams and all NBA teams? He's been robbed several times, but who could give a damn? You're going to see the same names on the teams regardless of how they play. All I know is prior to Lebron and Bosh coming, and with Coach Spo taking over, we were somehow a top 5 defensive team, and Wade was the damn anchor of the defense. Severely underrated for 2 or 3 years defensively.
    - You're an idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    SUREEEE wade is better than pistol was

Are you serious? Pete is at best number 10 in point guards of all time on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    West had to be the 1b earlier on in his career to Elgin Baylor. Why should I not consider West to be same way with James ?

I also think West's mid-range game makes him even a better match with James than Wade does... and West had brilliant playoffs performances.
    You are seriously underrating lebron. Lebron >>> west or baylor. That miami team was struggling at the start of the season because the coaches couldn't decide who should handle the ball more since lbj/wade are clones. They ended up taking turns going ISO, if lebron is paired with those guys then he instantly becomes the #1 option on the team and does whatever the f*ck he wants with the ball.

His second best player was beasley, beasley is the same exact player now and look how he's been doing. Those teams were devoid of talent, its a miracle that they even made the playoffs.

3rd greatest SG of all time.

This is why I hate the internet. People just look up averages and awards and draw conclusions. It's the equivalent of the BCS system for football. Watch these games and tell me wade now is better than George Gervin was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5s6bSfOBpI

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I'll share my full opinions tomorrow. But just wanted to say. I really hope D-Wade looks at himself in the mirror, realizing he's still an elite player, and goes to work on that jumper, goes to work on that post game, goes to work on some footwork issues. This dude is only 30 years old, and if he can improve in all of those assets of his game, this guy can still have a good 3-4 years of great play and possibly a Finals MVP or Two.