Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #31
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA

I will say this though...

If he leaves LA in free agency, does anyone take dude seriously anymore?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #32
dazzer87
Great college starter

dazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Me too.. We should trade his ass + nash for Noah and DRose.. Bulls management are stupid so I think they will accept this trade in a heartbeat..
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #33
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Of course he'll likely sign with LA. I mean, is there really anything better than being a rich, NBA superstar in LA (or Miami)??
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #34
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
Of course he'll likely sign with LA. I mean, is there really anything better than being a rich, NBA superstar in LA (or Miami)??

But who says they will resign him...?....20 mil a year is way too much for what he does.........
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
How would they swing that now? BK tied their own shoes with some seriously unfortunate contracts....unless someone else can shed some light on that?

S&T Dwight for Lopez and Brooks.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I will say this though...

If he leaves LA in free agency, does anyone take dude seriously anymore?

He didn't sign in L.A.. He asked to be traded to Brooklyn, and Orlando traded him to the Lakers instead.

Just like LeBron leaving Cleveland, it's Dwight's right to play/work wherever he chooses.

And I don't think anyone takes Dwight seriously right now.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #37
tomtucker

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

he could go bankrupt in the future......20 million dollar house + child support for 4-5 kids.......+ playing like shit = no new big contract......athletes going broke , is not a new thing....could happen
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #38
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
yeah like Orlando didnt get the same 'i know'
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #39
BG32-KD35
I brick open layups

BG32-KD35 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Me too.. We should trade his ass + nash for Noah and DRose.. Bulls management are stupid so I think they will accept this trade in a heartbeat..

Gimme some of that crack man

Why would LA give up Dwight for Noah and a hobbling DRose?
Dwight + MWP for DRose and Noah much more fair
BG32-KD35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #40
tomtucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #41
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

if it was La he would have said La not "I know"
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
S&T Dwight for Lopez and Brooks.
No S&T for teams over cap anymore (which is why any Knicks/Cp3 rumor is doubly stupid). And seriously, Lopez? Dude stepped wrong and the Nets sat him down for 3 weeks. In Month 2 of a 4 year max contract.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation

I can't be the only Laker fan that doesn't care if he resigns in LA or not?

We might lose out on probably the best Center in the game, but he hasn't exactly been dominating his competition and hasn't been the defensive captain we thought he would be.

Not only this, but Dwight simply doesn't have very good fundamentals. He is now 27 years old, and while that might still be young, his window is a lot smaller than one might think. His dominance comes from his strength and athleticism. Once he starts to decline athletically, we'll be in trouble.

People on the board have been blasting DWade for not having better fundamentals as a guard, and I'd have to say that Wade's fundamentals as a guard are lightyears above Dwight's as a Center.

Who would LA go after, after Kobe and Nash are gone? I really don't know and can't say currently. I just know that I don't think we should put so much hope behind a C with so many glaring weaknesses and with a huge possibility of a steep decline in productivity.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #44
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

This is Dwight Howard doing his best LeBron James FA impression by giving cryptic multiple meaning answers.

I know i'll be playing in LA.
I know i'll be playing in Atlanta.
I know i'll be playing in Dallas.
I know i'll be playing in *insert city here*

Really doesn't mean much, other than he is stupid, and if he does leave the Lakers this should help them file a tampering case against whoever he leaves them for. If he does join CP3 somewhere this response PROVES collusion.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LA BABy
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: