Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #76
TheMarkMadsen
Repped
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,380
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I explained it. You intentionally mock Griffin by using the word GOAT in the title when clearly Griffin isn't and will never be the GOAT. You just manipulated the situation and I felt like you worded it in a way where obviously everybody was going to piss on Griffin.

If you actually read the op it says does he have top five goat power forward potential.

I used your exact words. I'm not responsible for the people who dot read the op and just post based off the title, the title draws people in to read the actual post so that i can get a wide variety of answers. everybody on ISH does it, including yourself.

"Does Blake griffin have the potential to be a top 5 power forward of all time?" Is just long And awkward.

I clarified everything in the actual post and even directly asked you for some insight on why you believe he has that level of potential.

Get off my knutts
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #77
The Nets
Resident Netsfan
 
The Nets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Netsville
Posts: 434
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
He's actually been suffering a lot in the offense employed by Chris Paul. But the leash around his neck is wearing out and he's getting better and better and some day it's going to explode and he's going to dominate. For people that said Chris Paul would make Blake Griffin...it's been more like the opposite tbh although it's been looking better recently.

#unleashgriffin

Yeah, Griffin and CP3 do not fit each other well. Clippers need to make a choice between the two. CP3 is obvious the better player, and Griffin is already in decline though being younger. If I were Clippers FO I trade Griffin, Bledsoe, Odom(used to balance salary) and picks to Wolves for Kevin Love and Alexey Shved by Dec 15th.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #78
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
If you actually read the op it says does he have top five goat power forward potential.

I used your exact words. I'm not responsible for the people who dot read the op and just post based off the title, the title draws people in to read the actual post so that i can get a wide variety of answers. everybody on ISH does it, including yourself.

"Does Blake griffin have the potential to be a top 5 power forward of all time?" Is just long And awkward.

I clarified everything in the actual post and even directly asked you for some insight on why you believe he has that level of potential.

Get off my knutts

He's off to the best 3 year start of almost any PF in NBA history. So of course the potential is there considering he's still raw and has a lot of refining to do. Barkley talked about him being one of the top 5 PF's of all time if he keeps working hard and refines his game. Hell Barkley said Blake had potential to be BETTER than him .
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #79
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
Yeah, Griffin and CP3 do not fit each other well. Clippers need to make a choice between the two. CP3 is obvious the better player, and Griffin is already in decline though being younger. If I were Clippers FO I trade Griffin, Bledsoe, Odom(used to balance salary) and picks to Wolves for Kevin Love and Alexey Shved by Dec 15th.

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #80
noob cake
Good college starter
 
noob cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,196
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
No way too little D and too little moves on O.

1. Tim Duncan - #9
2. Kevin Garnett - #16
3. Karl Malone - #17
4. Charles Barkley - #18
5. Bob Pettit - #20
6. Dirk Nowitzki - #22
7. Dolph Schayes - #38
8. Kevin McHale - #40
9. Elvin Hayes - #44
10. Dennis Rodman - #50

Yup, no D, but also not enough O to overtake Barkley, Dirk, McHale.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #81
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
1. Tim Duncan - #9
2. Kevin Garnett - #16
3. Karl Malone - #17
4. Charles Barkley - #18
5. Bob Pettit - #20
6. Dirk Nowitzki - #22
7. Dolph Schayes - #38
8. Kevin McHale - #40
9. Elvin Hayes - #44
10. Dennis Rodman - #50

Yup, no D, but also not enough O to overtake Barkley, Dirk, McHale.

Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year. Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold. Never a great shotblocker but a great ball thief for the PF spot and a versatile, top tier man defender. We are seeing it now.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #82
chazzy
NBA All-star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 9,996
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold.
Cmon. You're abusing the word potential.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #83
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,805
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Cmon. You're abusing the word potential.

I don't mean ever nearly as good as KG defensively. I mean in the sense that most of his defensive damage is done on the man D and positional defense. Blake can become a great man defender and is already becoming a "good" one this year.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #84
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,265
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year.



Just saying, bro...
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #85
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard
 
BoutPractice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,023
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Yes, if he improves considerably and doesn't get injured, none of which are guaranteed.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #86
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,679
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year. Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold. Never a great shotblocker but a great ball thief for the PF spot and a versatile, top tier man defender. We are seeing it now.

With T-rex arms, easily rattled, and terrible footwork basically the opposite of KG. I dont think so.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy