Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Trade Idea Lal/Det

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Morris and Avery Bradley are the new Iman Shumpert. A team's fanbase grossly overrates the one ok young player on their veteran team.

Pre-injury Shumpert was a hell of a player. His stock has fallen but the defense he was playing before the injury showed once in a decade type talent.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Pre-injury Shumpert was a hell of a player. His stock has fallen but the defense he was playing before the injury showed once in a decade type talent.

Great defense doesn't equal once in a decade type talent.

Shump's hype (and I do think he's a good player) was a fan base striving for anything good to happen to them and then blowing it out of proportions once something good did come along.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Great defense doesn't equal once in a decade type talent.

Shump's hype (and I do think he's a good player) was a fan base striving for anything good to happen to them and then blowing it out of proportions once something good did come along.

I meant a once in a decade type defensive talent for his position. guy came into the league locking up hall of fame players.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Detroit isn't just going to unload Tayshauns contract. They would need to get something significant in return. I could see getting a first round pick next year since the Pistons will be giving theirs to Charlotte more than likely. It would take more than that obviously, but it's not something the Lakers have. It would take a 3rd team being involved. Artest is playing pretty decent this season. I don't think they're looking to move him as much as people think. It's Gasols contract they'd love to move, but no team wants to take on that money. I think the player on Detroit that would help LA out a lot is actually Charlie Villanueva. He has a really good 3 point shot and I could see him playing a role like Anderson did with the Magic last year. CV just needs a change of scenery. His contract isn't terrible. I could see him being a solid role player on another team.

Last edited by dd24 : 11-26-2012 at 08:58 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Morris and Avery Bradley are the new Iman Shumpert. A team's fanbase grossly overrates the one ok young player on their veteran team.

Difference is, Shumpert was a spectacular defender and Bradley did a hell of a job as well, until injuries.

Morris doesn't even deserve to be in that category yet.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Shumpert isn't overrated tho. Right now there is likely no better man-to-man perimeter defender. He looks as good out the gate as anyone I've ever seen. And the guy can score. He'll be an all-star.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: