Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Grant Hill to Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    Lmao, they have Jordan and Griffin still, worst defensive front court prolly in the league. They're deep and all but they have no shot at the title. OKC, LAL and maybe SA would eat their lunch in the playoffs. Max 6 games.
    So Griffin+DJ aren't going to improve?

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Lmao, they have Jordan and Griffin still, worst defensive front court prolly in the league. They're deep and all but they have no shot at the title. OKC, LAL and maybe SA would eat their lunch in the playoffs. Max 6 games.
    I think they match up well with both OKC and the Lakers.

Butler and Hill give them two pretty decent perimeter defenders to throw at Kobe and Durant.

Chris Paul could very well be the best player in the series at the ends of games and could win the match up with either Westbrook or Nash.

They also have lots of versatility in going small. If any team in the West could make OKC pay for having Perkins on the floor ala Miami it's the Clippers.

Griffin's defense is a liability sure, but his offense is actually where it becomes interesting. OKC has no one that can match up with him and Gasol actually struggles against quick forwards.

I'm not saying I'm set on picking them, but they're actually pretty interesting when you look at the match ups.

Griffin improving really is the biggest factor.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So Griffin+DJ aren't going to improve?
    Who knows? They were horrible last year, I guess we'll see this year. My money is on Bynum punking them again tho.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

That's all good and correct for most part but when your front court is as bad as Clippers are defensively, you won't go very far!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0

Butler and Hill give them two pretty decent perimeter defenders to throw at Kobe and Durant.

Chris Paul could very well be the best player in the series at the ends of games and could win the match up with either Westbrook or Nash.

They also have lots of versatility in going small. If any team in the West could make OKC pay for having Perkins on the floor ala Miami it's the Clippers.

Griffin's defense is a liability sure, but his offense is actually where it becomes interesting. OKC has no one that can match up with him and Gasol actually struggles against quick forwards.

I'm not saying I'm set on picking them, but they're actually pretty interesting when you look at the match ups.

Who knows? They were horrible last year, I guess we'll see this year. My money is on Bynum punking them again tho.
    How many players/teams DOESN'T Bynum punk? He's arguably the most dominating player in the NBA in the sense that when he's on NOBODY including Dwight can stop him.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

That's all good and correct for most part but when your front court is as bad as Clippers are defensively, you won't go very far!
    We just saw a team win a title that at one point was starting Dexter Pittman at center. The league is different now. Adequate can be enough. If you have a front court of Griffin and Odom, that could give OKC nightmares.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    How many players/teams DOESN'T Bynum punk? He's arguably the most dominating player in the NBA in the sense that when he's on NOBODY including Dwight can stop him.
    He does stop himself though with his piss poor attitude.

Your post made sense about 1 year ago.

High School Starter

This is awesome, hes old but was pretty good last year im stoked with this clips gonna be up there next season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Your post made sense about 1 year ago.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0

They actually don't match up well with the Lakers, and Butler and Grant Hill against Durant?

Durant averaged 31 PPG on 55% shooting in the Finals against Lebron James and Shane Battier.

You do the math.

Griffin improvement is the biggest factor though. Hopefully his injury won't derail him too much as he attempts to develop an actual post game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    They actually don't match up well with the Lakers, and Butler and Grant Hill against Durant?

Durant averaged 31 PPG on 55% shooting in the Finals against Lebron James and Shane Battier.

You do the math.

Griffin improvement is the biggest factor though. Hopefully his injury won't derail him too much as he attempts to develop an actual post game.
    Lakers are a bad matchup due to Bynum but IF DJ improves and keeps working hard he can lesson that. I think OKC+Grizzlies though are good matchups for the Clippers still.