Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Nets working on sending Humphries to Cavs to get Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Tigress
    Well this is just as dumb as your last 2 comments, maybe it's because you're repeating yourself and this discussion has gone over your head. Who cares how rich he is he's not going to bleed money just because he has it to spend. You need to let that wet dream go. If he was willing to blow money he would have gone after J Kidd since DWill said he wanted to play with him.
    /Sigh. So he spent 800 million in one sitting but won't spend 30 million a year?

And he couldn't have gone after Jason Kidd. Obtaining Jason Kidd would have cost us the MLE which means that we cannot exceed the hard cap.

Last response to you because you need to get your shit straight before being spewing dumb crap.

Later.

I'm killing your dreams aren't I?

He paid $800 million for an arena? So he'll throw in an extra $50 million to get beat by Miami every year in the ECF? Why? How much of that $800 million was tax payer money?
    One more thing, the Nets are an investment. Boats, cars, etc are toys. Learn the difference. The purpose of any investment is to yield a profit. Intelligent people don't invest to purposely lose money. You sound like you graduated from the school of Bernie Madoff.
    I bet you thought the mavs would lose to the heat 2 yrs ago too, right!? Okay mr. Future teller, think what you want. He'll glady pay whatever. It shouldn't be news to anyone at this point. The closer to the championship that he promised, the happier Prokhorov is.

Saw a basketball once

Prokhorov didn't become wealthy by spending irresponsibly. With D12 & DWill they get to the ECF at best. Why would you pay $50 million every year in luxury taxes only to get to the ECF? Does that make any sense to you?
    So you understand that Prok must be a sensible individual, moneywise, for otherwise he couldn't have gotten this rich; yet you question his expenditure.

Getting Dwight means attracting a larger fan base, selling more tickets and hot dogs, gaining interest from sponsors, etc. His coming over massively increases the Nets' value and therefore the incoming $, championship or not.

Did anyone retweet? I want my fifteen minutes.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by D
    So you understand that Prok must be a sensible individual, moneywise, for otherwise he couldn't have gotten this rich; yet you question his expenditure.

Getting Dwight means attracting a larger fan base, selling more tickets and hot dogs, gaining interest from sponsors, etc. His coming over massively increases the Nets' value and therefore the incoming $, championship or not.
    Yup, I think Prok's the real deal. And I think the main reason he would be willing to spend all this cash is because he's got a huge ego. The guy is a competitor and it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to send a big **** you to the rest of the owners.