Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Reminder: "The Dream Team" premiers tonight at 9:00pm

Their competitive drive and fire alone will be hard for any team to overcome. No fake Dream Team there after could compete with that.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Their competitive drive and fire alone will be hard for any team to overcome. No fake Dream Team there after could compete with that.

In terms of competitive drive/fire how would you rank the guys on the Dream Team from most competitive to least competitive?

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

- production quality of the video was sub-par actually, who's the narrator they picked
    - magic and bird were captains, barkley was the leading scorer of dream team, but for me it was actually all about seeing jordan and pippen vs the world. Bulls were everything in those days....there was an aura about the chicago bulls and those two being on the US team imo was the biggest thing for me (except magic, bird, and charles)
    - Jordan looked every bit as awesome in the video as i remember of that time. Totally the star above all the stars. Ultimate top gun
    - john stockton's pretty funny....i actually remember seeing that bit on nba inside stuff when it aired in '92....
    - i think there was a swimmer who won medal in barcelona and later hosted or appeared on inside stuff

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Saw this earlier on youtube and i have to say i really liked it.
    No complaints about the production as it was very good , no problem with the narrator , no Morgan Freeman ,but still.I love the behind the scene look at the practices and scrimmages , especially the one at Monte Carlo , because i heard Magic talk about it some time ago and hyping it like it was the best basketball ever played.Would like to see the whole unedited footage of those , i bet there was a lot of great plays by those all time greats left unused.

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    - production quality of the video was sub-par actually, who's the narrator they picked
    - magic and bird were captains, barkley was the leading scorer of dream team, but for me it was actually all about seeing jordan and pippen vs the world. Bulls were everything in those days....there was an aura about the chicago bulls and those two being on the US team imo was the biggest thing for me (except magic, bird, and charles)
    - Jordan looked every bit as awesome in the video as i remember of that time. Totally the star above all the stars. Ultimate top gun
    - john stockton's pretty funny....i actually remember seeing that bit on nba inside stuff when it aired in '92....
    - i think there was a swimmer who won medal in barcelona and later hosted or appeared on inside stuff
    Summer Sanders

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    wonder why Bobby hurley never made the NBA? He was the sh^T in college
    Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    That car accident was very serious and he was lucky just to live.
    Yup. I'm surprised I cannot find a picture right away of the wreckage. It was shown in Sports Illustrated at the time. He also was not wearing a seatbelt. From an article:
    He was thrown 100 feet into the ditch, his lungs collapsed. He had broken ribs, a fractured shoulder blade, a compression fracture of his lower back, a torn tendon in his right knee and soft tissue injuries. He was a mess.
    Bobby Hurley was actually averaging 7ppg and 6apg (in 26mpg) during his first 19 career games. He was doing fairly well.

Regarding his appearance in the Dream Team doc though, I do not recall him having braces back then. He looks like Butthead. Further, he was looking pretty aged for a 40 year old.

The Sports Illustrated article on Hurley's accident: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...13/1/index.htm
    And the picture of his crash is on page 50 of this issue: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...e=reader_vault
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-16-2012 at 12:21 AM.

NBA Superstar

A YouTube clip of John Stockton's moment from the documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcoWtL1MjE

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yup. I'm surprised I cannot find a picture right away of the wreckage. It was shown in Sports Illustrated at the time. He also was not wearing a seatbelt. From an article:

Bobby Hurley was actually averaging 7ppg and 6apg (in 26mpg) during his first 19 career games. He was doing fairly well.

Regarding his appearance in the Dream Team doc though, I do not recall him having braces back then. He looks like Butthead. Further, he was looking pretty aged for a 40 year old.

The Sports Illustrated article on Hurley's accident: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...13/1/index.htm
    And the picture of his crash is on page 50 of this issue: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...e=reader_vault
    Was just about to post about how old Hurley looked. He looked older then all the dream teamers who are all around 10 years older.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    A YouTube clip of John Stockton's moment from the documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcoWtL1MjE
    That's just awesome. at the lady with the shirt that had new clue. "That's my dad!"