Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Default Re: Lakers Pull Out of CP3 Trade Talks; Lamar Odom Headed to DALLAS MAVS

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    THEY DID NOT PULL OUT! Read this

Cant believe this shit
    That was pretty much implied. The league rejected their follow up offer and was asking for too much.

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Lakers Pull Out of CP3 Trade Talks; Lamar Odom Headed to DALLAS MAVS

I think the Lakers realize that the Nets are a serious contender for Dwight. They HAD to have a Trade exception to go after Dwight, so they can take on Hedo's contract. The Nets are under the cap and can simply absorb Hedo.

The Lakers realized that Stern was not going to allow them to get Paul AND get a big TE so they could get Dwight, so they pulled out, for now, and decided to move in another direction. Lamar to the Mavs gets them the TE they need to get Dwight, and takes the Mavs out of the Dwight running.

I think the Lakers will now pursue Dwight, and they may revisit the Paul trade (they no longer have Odom, but they also no longer need the TE from the Hornets). So they could offer Gasol to Houston, with a combo of younger players and picks going to the Hornets, and still get Paul. I'd try for something like this:

Gasol to Rockets
    Martin, Scola, the Knick pick and Patterson/Lee to Hornets (not Dragic)
    Lakers also send picks, Ebanks/Character, and Blake to Hornets
    Lakers get Paul and take on Ariza's contract

Houston gets their man, Gasol.
    Hornets get 2 starters, several young players, and lots of picks, plus shed Ariza (which apparently they have interest in doing)
    Lakers get Paul and Ariza.

If the Lakers get Dwight it all works out.
    If they get Dwight but not Paul, they figure they got their main goal, and they go after Chauncey or Barron to play PG, they still come out ahead.
    If they fail to get Dwight and Paul, they are screwed, but they would still have tradeable assets and a big TE to work with in the future, plus Kobe/Gasol/Bynum.
    I think they realized they road this team as far as it was going to go, and better to move Gasol/Odom too soon than too late.

Magic Johnson

For the upteenth time, the Lakers CANNOT use that trade exception to get TurkeyGlue. They can't combine their trade exceptions either.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    For the upteenth time, the Lakers CANNOT use that trade exception to get TurkeyGlue. They can't combine their trade exceptions either.
    how big is the odom TE? ive been hearing different numbers.. 11 million, 8.9 million, 7 million

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Robster89
    I think the Lakers realize that the Nets are a serious contender for Dwight. They HAD to have a Trade exception to go after Dwight, so they can take on Hedo's contract. The Nets are under the cap and can simply absorb Hedo.

The Lakers realized that Stern was not going to allow them to get Paul AND get a big TE so they could get Dwight, so they pulled out, for now, and decided to move in another direction. Lamar to the Mavs gets them the TE they need to get Dwight, and takes the Mavs out of the Dwight running.

I think the Lakers will now pursue Dwight, and they may revisit the Paul trade (they no longer have Odom, but they also no longer need the TE from the Hornets). So they could offer Gasol to Houston, with a combo of younger players and picks going to the Hornets, and still get Paul. I'd try for something like this:

Gasol to Rockets
    Martin, Scola, the Knick pick and Patterson/Lee to Hornets (not Dragic)
    Lakers also send picks, Ebanks/Character, and Blake to Hornets
    Lakers get Paul and take on Ariza's contract

Houston gets their man, Gasol.
    Hornets get 2 starters, several young players, and lots of picks, plus shed Ariza (which apparently they have interest in doing)
    Lakers get Paul and Ariza.

If the Lakers get Dwight it all works out.
    If they get Dwight but not Paul, they figure they got their main goal, and they go after Chauncey or Barron to play PG, they still come out ahead.
    If they fail to get Dwight and Paul, they are screwed, but they would still have tradeable assets and a big TE to work with in the future, plus Kobe/Gasol/Bynum.
    I think they realized they road this team as far as it was going to go, and better to move Gasol/Odom too soon than too late.
    We just have to pray to the basketball gods

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

The deal was rejected 3 times yesterday alone....pathetic

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Can someone whip up an Odom in a Mavs jersey pic? Will rep!

Banned

I'm so glad Odom is no longer in a Lakers uniform, now I can fully support the guy. He's always been one of my favorite players.

I love me some versatile power forwards. Congrats to Dallas, you guys a got all-around baller in Lamar.

P.S. Lamar's Mavs press conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cf2eo_9wqw