Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Are there gay NBA players?

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    well now i know we have at least one 4 year old on this site
    good one

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

No man, there are gay people in every single other walk of life but not the NBA. Nope!

Rajon Rondo is gay
    Juan Dixon is gay

That's the only two off the top of my head right now.

Every Boston Celtic, SA SPur, LA Laker and Cleveland Cavalier is gay. Everyone else is straight.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    Is there any homosexual NBA players? Or do they not exist because of excessive testosterone production due to alot of exercising?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Since anywhere from 4-10% of the population is gay the answer is yes.

Those percentages are most likely lower in the NBA, because for the most part homosexuals avoid/are not very good at sports. I would say 1-2% is accurate, so about 5-10 active gay NBA players.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    Those percentages are most likely lower in the NBA, because for the most part homosexuals avoid/are not very good at sports. I would say 1-2% is accurate, so about 5-10 active gay NBA players.
    I know of MANY good athletes who are homosexuals, but would never tell anyone so the people that lost to wouldn't throw a fit after losing to a gay guy. That stereotype is not always true.

And what's the deal with you just making up stats out of thin air? Where did 1-2% come from? You have no way of knowing. Are you some type of expert and have magically deduced that there are X amount of gay players through your superior calculations?

Quote Originally Posted by depletedW
    I know of MANY good athletes who are homosexuals, but would never tell anyone so the people that lost to wouldn't throw a fit after losing to a gay guy. That stereotype is not always true.

And what's the deal with you just making up stats out of thin air? Where did 1-2% come from? You have no way of knowing. Are you some type of expert and have magically deduced that there are X amount of gay players through your superior calculations?
    I was just making an educated guess. And yes of course there are athletic homosexuals, but a lot of them definitely avoid that part of life. Someone else said that anywhere from 4-10% of the population is gay, so I simply lowered that percentage and compared it to the number of players in the NBA. Of course we don't know how many there are but 5-10 out of approx. 430 sounds about right to me.