Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: LeBron James finally comments on his future and the game 6 loss to Orlando!

Lebron's "competitor" excuse doesn't make sense. Some of the most competitive or even thuggish players on the court are also some of the nicest people off of it. There's a difference between battling it out during the game and what you do afterwards.

That said, I can see his frustration.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: LeBron James finally comments on his future and the game 6 loss to Orlando!

I'm sorry but I never got the handshake/congratulate thing. It really bugs me after a team wins a championship & guys interrupt celebrating just for so-called sportmanship. Let the other team celeberate period.

Again Lebron or any other player not shaking hands after defeat is fine by me.

Now what I don't agree with is not taking questions after the game. That to me is the bigger so-called sin.

If you can take questions after a win then you can take some after a loss. It can just be for 5 minutes but just take a few questions & then you can tell the media to go to h.e. double hockey sticks.

Saw a basketball once marcus_v3's Avatar

kinda disappointed with The way LBJ acted. I respect (and still respect) the guys game and talent since a freak of nature like him doesn't come around often. But he just lost a lot a respect from me with that weak ****. Of course, like he would care what me or any of us think since his got a **** load of moola waiting for him in his mansion.

And as for all the clowns that have the audacity to defend that **** he pulled and are dumb enough to call that "killer instinct". You should seriously evaluate yourselves coz there's something wrong with your frickin values! That **** just aint right

You "Keyboard warriors" should know that you can't always justify **** because there is always a fine line between respect and being a douche bag. If kobe had done that **** i'd still say that ain't right, and if shaq had done that I'd probably lose what little respect I had for him. Same thing goes for every other superstar, star, starter, reserve, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Your opinon is your own and you have every right to ask what the big deal is. But it's one of those "if you have to ask" moments. If you have to ask you either don't get it, don't care to get it or don't care because it's Lebron James and your player of choice.

The fact is in every sport for as long as man has played sports it has always been considered good sportsmanship for the warriors to shake hands at the end of a game or match to show that there is no hard feelings, that what happened in the arena will stay in the arena. During a game players get heated, mad at the other team, they pound on each other, tempers flare words are exchanged. when it's done it's considered a sign of good will for the beaten players to acknowledge the winner.

"you got me this time but next time I'll be standing at the end" type of thing.

To walk off the floor without saying a word is a slap in the face of the players he just spent 6 games being at war with. But more so it's a slap in the face of his teammates that did stay behind and exchange hands with the Magic players, as if he's too good to clean up after himself. It seem like he has has elevated himself to a level higher than anyone else. His talents elevate him head and shoulder beyond the other players but his attitude in the loss drops him right back onto the elementary school playground.
    He/she said it best
    You also have to be a leader and stand up for your team which is not what he did when he left them high and dry. Not to mention if the situations were reversed and the Cavaliers won, he'd have no trouble accepting the same courtesy he's unwilling to extend.

Local High School Star

I am pretty disappointed in Lebron's actions. If it's so easy to flex your muscles and pose for the camera and scream into the crowd while beating down an opponent, it's easy to shake their hand when they beat you. Nobody's saying he should have praised the Magic and kissed Dwight's feet, that's the general sentiment I'm getting from the Cavs fans here. Just go over and give a quick handshake, pat on the back, whatever. I've both played and coached basketball and after every game, both win or lose, I made sure I congratulated the other team. As a player, I had no control over what my teammates did, but as a coach, you're damn right I made sure each one of my players went over and shook the other team's hands. One of the things I was taught growing up was that the true character of a man is measured when things are hard, not when things are going great. I think we can apply that Lebron regarding this situation. It's easy for him to belittle his opponent when he's winning, but when he loses, he runs and hides. I believe this isn't the first time he's done this.

For the record, I don't care that he refused to speak to the media after the game. The majority of them are nothing but jack@$$es that don't deserve the proper time of day.

They should have played that song from Ted Nugent, "You can't always get what you want". I still love you LeBron, you're still the best in the world regardless. <3 #23

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    They should have played that song from Ted Nugent, "You can't always get what you want". I still love you LeBron, you're still the best in the world regardless. <3 #23
    you mean rolling stones?