Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Shocking development. Kawhi Leonard had another procedure done on his knee.

We are about at a point where superstars are making so much money that expecting them to play themselves into wheelchairs could seem fair. But even if you take that position, the Clippers are not winning anything this year so it's not worth it. They never should have signed him to this extension and now it's too late to properly blow this team up. Last year they could have gotten a lot of future assets for Paul George an have maybe Ainged Leonard into a few first round picks, he had a good year before the playoffs and likely high trade value to a desperate"contender." Trade Harden for a few future firsts as well and they're on a solid rebuilding path. Instead their best regular player will be a part-prime Harden that is liable to force his way out at any moment and Leonard who obviously can't be relied upon. Still might get some future picks from the Lakers or Bucks for him but maneuvering a deal with his contract size to a desperate contender or team that can accept him playing 30 games to be available for the playoffs will be tricky.

They need to find another 20 mil to make it happen but the Bucks should see if they can add assets to Khris Middleton to get Leonard. Giannis/Leonard/Lillaird would be a threat to the Celtics they would just have to be load managed to the point they're possibly in the play-in. But Leonard Giannis and Lopez would be a strong defensive core in the other side for that big three.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Shocking development. Kawhi Leonard had another procedure done on his knee.

It's crazy that contracts in the NBA are guaranteed regardless of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    You know, I had a hunch, and I was right. Frank is a Jew.

You want to talk about shocking developments?
    are you OK?

The sterling curse continues....

The Clips fumbled their best shot at a title under the Kawhi/PG13 partnership , and that was the bubble. Kawhi had just come off a title a season before and was top 3 at worst.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    It's crazy that contracts in the NBA are guaranteed regardless of injuries.
    it isnt required. It’s a decision teams make to sign players who have options. You can offer him a non-guaranteed contract but once the Lakers guarantee it, he’s going to the Lakers. Even if the money is less.

Long as you’re comfortable with A team of guys just desperate to make a roster you can sign non-guaranteed players. The NFL is famously non-guaranteed but a few people who were willing to wait it out and risk injury on the way to true free agency have gotten it.

NBA players who are worth a damn will generally tell you to **** off if you make a contract conditional.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The money side is pretty simple. It’s too many billions of dollars for two few players. That’s the end of it. The players get a smaller percentage than they used to. Everyone can make money, which is why the CBA was so easy to work out this time and they didn’t even get close to a lock out. Teams like the Celtics that decide they will pay 4 to 6 borderline All-Stars will have a hard time, but nobody is forcing them to do that.

The owners generally make money by selling small pieces of the team as the value rises. And they’re about to make two groups pay like $4 billion each in expansion fees, which is a direct cash payment broken up among the other owners.

The league is pretty easy to make money while owning. Massive luxury tax payments for teams that don’t want to lose stars are what put them in the red. But like I said that’s just a decision. The players make a smaller percentage of the money than they did 15 years ago.