Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Adding a steal base, it's 52/52 now.

They’re eating cats! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post

Adding a steal base, it's 52/52 now.
    Are you Asian or something??

Default Re: Baseball

TIL fomer Blue Jays Teoscar Hernandez has 30 HRs so far. With Mookie also getting hot, Dodgers may be in the World Series again.

Saw a basketball once

Default This could be your lucky break, enter now!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    The first MVP version never had Shohei's power. The goat power hitter version of Bonds was not ripping 50 bags under any set of rules.

Bonds was better at both but never at the same time.
    Tbh that isn't true, Bonds in 94 hit homeruns at a higher rate than Shohei ever has and he had 29 steals in 112 games to boot. He also had 46 homers and 29 steals the season before. You're definitely right that juiced Bonds wasn't much of a stolen base threat relatively speaking (he wasn't a complete nonfactor there either but certainly not someone making pitchers sweat).

People don't realize how good Bonds was even before steroids. I would say Bonds even without steroids is a top 10 position player ever pretty easily, career wise. Peak wise is much harder but he's probably there too, but that gets much tougher because we've seen some truly insane peaks and obviously you have to include guys like Ohtani who haven't played that long. For position players when discussing the GOAT peaks you'd also have to specify one year or multi-year. Some guys like Jeff Bagwell or Frank Thomas had pretty insane one year peaks.

Btw Bobby Witt Jr is actually also having a crazy year all time wise, and I'm not sure he's peaked. Pretty crazy time for elit players with Ohtani, Judge, and him around. Gunnar Henderson, Ketel Marte, Francisco Lindor, and Juan Soto are all also MVP level players despite not being on the same level as the "big 3". And of course you have to throw a healthy Betts and Acuna in there.
    Last edited by RRR3; Today at 03:20 AM.

I also think if your takeaway from someone doing something historic is to post about me you're pretty deranged but we already knew that about wf and Chewing, who have nothing better to do than rage about people who don't like Trump.