Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls sending Caruso to OKC for Giddey

Everyone in chicago HATES this move.

And nobody even cares about Giddey and the 17yr old.
    Nobody believes in his game/potential.

Only way this winds up good is if Chicago knows Caruso will never be healthy for long periods again. Wish they could have traded the cancer that is Lonzo Ball back when people still thought he had a bright future.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Everyone in chicago HATES this move.

And nobody even cares about Giddey and the 17yr old.
    Nobody believes in his game/potential.

Only way this winds up good is if Chicago knows Caruso will never be healthy for long periods again. Wish they could have traded the cancer that is Lonzo Ball back when people still thought he had a bright future.
    Why? They have to blow it up and it looks like theyve finally admitted that to themselves. Caruso no longer fits their timeline regardless.

Giddey was a sixth overall pick. And until a prolonged shooting slump this year he was seen as a rising young star. He's on the short list of a lot of "youngest players to do x, y, or z" records, mostly involving triple doubles. He's still only 21. Doesnt have any IQ/attitude issues or significant injury history. He's simply no longer a good fit on the Thunder because they have two stars they wanna surround with floor spacers. This is honestly pretty good "buy low" opportunism by the Bulls IMO.

I guarantee the Thunder arent dumping him because they think he wont become a good player. It's just about fit and timeline.

We cant judge him by his terrible haircut. He's a better player than his haircut makes him look.

It's going to be interesting if Shai goes down with an injury at some point. Who takes over the playmaking duties? What effect does that have? Will Shai and J-Will be as effective scoring as they were this season with greater playmaking responsibilities?

This is a bad move for OKC. Caruso can’t stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    This is a bad move for OKC. Caruso can’t stay healthy.
    Imagine believing this.

Caruso for even half a year has more impact than a full year of Giddey.

Amazing pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Imagine believing this.

Caruso for even half a year has more impact than a full year of Giddey.

Amazing pickup.
    Caruso running the point for Shai when he sits? Not going to work

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    It's going to be interesting if Shai goes down with an injury at some point. Who takes over the playmaking duties? What effect does that have? Will Shai and J-Will be as effective scoring as they were this season with greater playmaking responsibilities?
    LeBron.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

Aside from drafting White what was the last move they made you actually liked?

Facts Are Misleading

I don't particularly like the trade for OKC and what they have been building. He's only 21, it's not like he isn't going to get any better. His shot will almost certainly improve if he wants it to.

Caruso will make them better for this year and that's about it. I can't see them using valuable dollars that they need to reserve for other contracts coming up to siGn Caruso long term

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    I don't particularly like the trade for OKC and what they have been building. He's only 21, it's not like he isn't going to get any better. His shot will almost certainly improve if he wants it to.

Caruso will make them better for this year and that's about it. I can't see them using valuable dollars that they need to reserve for other contracts coming up to siGn Caruso long term
    Agree. Giddey’s offensive potential is much higher. He took a leap in free throw efficiency which usually translates to a possible 3pt shooter development. He averaged almost 17ppg the season prior. He fits the okc timeline better than Caruso and has averaged 20 more games played a season than Caruso.

Decent playground baller

NYK can offer Hartenstein 17m per whereas OKC can go to 23m. We'll see what happens. They might draft a center or make a trade during the season. Poetl might be an option for a trade later in the season too.
    Why can NYK only offer him 17...? Dont they have his Bird's?

And if the Hartenstein thing doesnt work out for the Thunder, they could maybe package a few picks and try to get a one year rental of... Steven Adams?

Be kinda fun to see him back in OKC with this jovial young squad they have. I could see some chemistry existing there despite the generation gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Romer View Post
    Why can NYK only offer him 17...? Dont they have his Bird's?

And if the Hartenstein thing doesnt work out for the Thunder, they could maybe package a few picks and try to get a one year rental of... Steven Adams?

Be kinda fun to see him back in OKC with this jovial young squad they have. I could see some chemistry existing there despite the generation gap.
    More cap space? I'm not sure, I just read it somewhere.

Adams could be a nice addition assuming he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Agree. Giddey’s offensive potential is much higher. He took a leap in free throw efficiency which usually translates to a possible 3pt shooter development. He averaged almost 17ppg the season prior. He fits the okc timeline better than Caruso and has averaged 20 more games played a season than Caruso.
    Lonzo was statistically a worse shooter at the same age as Giddey. He eventually became a great three-point shooter at 39% on 7.3 attempts per game over his last two-and-a-half seasons. Josh becomes a formidable talent if he follows a similar trajectory. He's an 80% FT guy over the last season so there's potential for growth as a perimeter threat.

We'll see.

Decent playground baller

More cap space? I'm not sure, I just read it somewhere.

Adams could be a nice addition assuming he's healthy.
    Yeah but he's already a Knick. Re-signing him doesnt require cap space.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Romer View Post
    Why? They have to blow it up and it looks like theyve finally admitted that to themselves. Caruso no longer fits their timeline regardless.

Giddey was a sixth overall pick. And until a prolonged shooting slump this year he was seen as a rising young star. He's on the short list of a lot of "youngest players to do x, y, or z" records, mostly involving triple doubles. He's still only 21. Doesnt have any IQ/attitude issues or significant injury history. He's simply no longer a good fit on the Thunder because they have two stars they wanna surround with floor spacers. This is honestly pretty good "buy low" opportunism by the Bulls IMO.

I guarantee the Thunder arent dumping him because they think he wont become a good player. It's just about fit and timeline.

We cant judge him by his terrible haircut. He's a better player than his haircut makes him look.
    This kind of appeal might work on someone’s aunt buying an air fryer, but I can’t buy any scenario in which this isn’t Sam Presti robbing the Bulls.

The only MF’s who bought the Giddey hype are the f@ggots running the US media, who also told us for years Marc Sanchez and Jimmy Garropolo were franchise QB’s when in reality, they were backups. But the media f@gs just couldn’t stop drooling long enough to listen to THE TRUTH. Until it slapped them in the face.

These same no-sports-playin, undeserved-loudmouth talkin head media f@ggot MF’s, framed Giddey like an up and coming star, when he was literally a mediocre at best forward who could handle it a little bit and NOT SHOOT at all.

Dude is A slower, less explosive, shorter limbed Ben Simmons type. A homeless, sunburned, toothless aussie’s version of Lamar Odom. Fk that. It’s a travesty, this trade.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 06-22-2024 at 03:11 AM.