Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
    Troll who tries to provoke you

Default MJ's 1988 DPOY is now being "Questioned". HOME vs ROAD Steals has twice as much Gap

Here we go again guys!.............The Charade will NEVER end.

A closer look at Michael Jordan's 1988 DPOY award raises questions about its validity. Has LeBron James been chasing a ghost?

If Kobe, LBJ, Wade or Kawhi (still 2 x DPOY) cannot get remotely close to 100+/200+ steals as Back Court Players. Its somehow 1988 MJs fault.

Its 1988 MJs fault he played all "82" games and crossed that 100 blks/200 steals threshold again by wide margin this time.

Now, a random 5 games HOME sample shows MJ awarded 23 steals instead of legit 8 steals according to some guy. Also, he says HOME and ROAD games, MJ has 4 SPG vs 2 SPG recorded discrepancy respectively. So 1988 MJ DPOY is now "Questionable" according to 5 game sample.

Just Image folks....just imagine....if MJ did not lead NBA in Steals for 3x and be in Top 5 Steals for like 10 years straight. How much far these revisionists would've gone to some how "defensively" dethrone MJs GOAT status as they can do nothing "offensively" to MJs GOAT status.

Last edited by gengiskhan; 06-20-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: MJ's 1988 DPOY is now being "Questioned". HOME vs ROAD Steals has twice as much G

Whether or not LeBron deserves it, he has made it so MJ is no longer the consensus GOAT and you're just going to have to deal with it.

Default Re: MJ's 1988 DPOY is now being "Questioned". HOME vs ROAD Steals has twice as much G

Ron Artest (2003 DPOY Runner-Up ; 2004 DPOY Winner)

2003: 159/50 (69 games)
    2004: 152/50 (73 games)

Kawhi Leonard (2 x DPOY (2015, 2016))

2015: 148/48 (64 games) 2015 Steals Leader
    2016: 128/71 (72 games)

Scottie Pippen (2 x DPOY Runner-up 1995, 1996)

1995: 232/89 (79 games) 1995 Steals Leader
    1996: 133/57 (77 games)
    1990: 211/101 (82 games) Only player beside MJ to go 100+/200+

Michael Jordan (DPOY Runner-up. 1993)

1993: 221/61 (78 Games)
    Last edited by gengiskhan; 06-20-2024 at 02:00 PM.

Jordan entire army of fans do this ALL THE TIME for Jordan. With everything.

Need stats to be inflated during home games? Here's a bunch of steals and blocks for Jordan.
    Need people decades later to shit on Pippen to prop Jordan? No problem.
    Need people to lie about Jordan everywhere in all message boards? Done done done.

We've been fighting fake Jordan news for decades now. And finally its getting through, Jordan is no longer the undisputed GOAT. It's over. We won.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Whether or not LeBron deserves it, he has made it so MJ is no longer the consensus GOAT and you're just going to have to deal with it.
    This.

There will never be a world anymore on planet earth, now, decades from now, 100 years from now, where people will look back and say Jordan was the undisputed GOAT.

College superstar

I watched the entire video and read most of the article. Two things stood out to me here. According to Haberstroh,

1. "Dating back to 1982-83 when the award [DPOY] was established, Jordan’s home-vs.-away disparity in combined blocks and steals represents the largest of any Defensive Player of the Year award winner in NBA history.
    No other instance in the award’s history has a player shown a disparity that touched 160 percent — except for Jordan’s 1987-88 season, which clocked in at 182 percent
    ."

2. He watched six games from the 1988 season, and "In the six games, the box scores indicated that Jordan’s total steal count was 28. After comparing our notes from the film study, we each counted 12 steals. An astounding difference of 16 excess steals. Almost every excess steal was being allocated to Jordan."

I've constantly said this often about pre- internet and social media legends. If they were constantly scrutinized under microscopes the way modern players are, they may not be as revered as they are today.

I can understand fudging the home court stats a little but the home stats compared to away from that 88 season was crazy inflated for Jordan.

LOL at the league telling Bulls scorekeeper to quit signaling MJ during games about his stats.

MJ pissed off at scorekeeper for not telling him he was only 2pts shy of Wilt's all-star game record of 42pts.

Scorekeeper "I kept holding up 2 fingers, what did you think that meant??"

The Curtain is slipping. I'll just ask the same question I always ask when stuff like this surfaces: " could you imagine if that was Lebron and not Mj?"

God damn I have always had MJ as GOAT but this is pretty damning. LeBron might actually be better

@eliteballer

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    God damn I have always had MJ as GOAT but this is pretty damning. LeBron might actually be better
    at what?. you born retard!

LBJ is no way close to 200/100 for non-center, non-PF paint position.

Lets start with that.

and then the audacity to say "I lost DPOY in 2012 to....."

1988 MJ is actually a Steals Champion. Even if you substract 50 steals. and 35 blocks. 1988 MJ is still 200/100 legit!

1993 MJ is actually a Steals Champion. and still came up Runner-UP DPOY! to 1993 Blocks Champ Hakeem.

LBJ has zero legitimacy defensively. ZERO!. unless he is 2012 Steals Leader!. NONE!

1995 Pippen lost DPOY to D-Rob I think. Despite being 1995 Steal Champion.

1990 Pippen was only other player to 200/100. besides MJ.

Where does LBJ stands "defensively" compared to Pippen. NO Where!

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    The Curtain is slipping. I'll just ask the same question I always ask when stuff like this surfaces: " could you imagine if that was Lebron and not Mj?"
    The Gold Post is moving.....and moving....it will keep on moving....some how MJ can be dethroned!....."offensively" dethroning MJ.....They failed miserably.

now they are nitpicking MJ defensively......why?

LBJ, Kobe, Kawhi none of the post-MJ fake defensive players ever got to 200/100

Even if you substract 50 steals and 35 blocks from 1988 MJ, He still at 200/100 and still 1988 DPOY!.

Thats the power of going full 82 games + ASG. No excuses. LBJ cant do it. Kobe cant do it. Kawhi cant do it. Wade cant do it.

all these wannabes are 70-73 games players. cant be steals champ. if they go full 82. Might have that 0 Steals game back-2-back. loses Steals ave lead.

If they go only 70 games, cant even cross 175/80. Either way. they are inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    I can understand fudging the home court stats a little but the home stats compared to away from that 88 season was crazy inflated for Jordan.

LOL at the league telling Bulls scorekeeper to quit signaling MJ during games about his stats.

MJ pissed off at scorekeeper for not telling him he was only 2pts shy of Wilt's all-star game record of 42pts.

Scorekeeper "I kept holding up 2 fingers, what did you think that meant??"
    How do you know MJ dont "use" those signals to motivate himself defensively?

Knowing MJ's "win at all cost" mindset. He has guy saying, you are lacking defensively. you only got 2 steals. go after him like crazy.

Its that Bobby Knight story, telling MJ in olympics, "you are incapable of setting up screens".

It may not be about stats at all. Home games. he has permanent home guy saying. "no blocks for today, MJ"

reminding MJ to play some hard defense. Winners always use ways to motivate themselves besides just points.

Only Kobe's and LBJ's and Westbricks of the world sweat obsessively with OFFENSIVE stats to stat pad. particularly Kobe with PPG. and Westbrick with 30 PPG triple double.

those DEFENSIVE stats "steals" and "blockshots" are actually game winners. wins you close games.

and thats how 1988 MJ probably won a 50th game and season MVP.

Some one MJ had at Chi Stadium pointing out DEFENSIVE stats all 41 games. especially when Pippen was 8 PPG loser.

NO 50 wins. NO chance at season MVP. Despite being Scoring Champ at 35 PPG. Back in 80s.
    Last edited by gengiskhan; 06-20-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip View Post
    I watched the entire video and read most of the article. Two things stood out to me here. According to Haberstroh,

1. "Dating back to 1982-83 when the award [DPOY] was established, Jordan’s home-vs.-away disparity in combined blocks and steals represents the largest of any Defensive Player of the Year award winner in NBA history.
    No other instance in the award’s history has a player shown a disparity that touched 160 percent — except for Jordan’s 1987-88 season, which clocked in at 182 percent
    ."

2. He watched six games from the 1988 season, and "In the six games, the box scores indicated that Jordan’s total steal count was 28. After comparing our notes from the film study, we each counted 12 steals. An astounding difference of 16 excess steals. Almost every excess steal was being allocated to Jordan."

I've constantly said this often about pre- internet and social media legends. If they were constantly scrutinized under microscopes the way modern players are, they may not be as revered as they are today.
    Then explain me one thing.

All the 1993 Head Coaches VOTED in FAVOR OF 1993 MJ as The "best DEFENSIVE player in the game" over 1993 Blocks Champ Hakeem despite Latter winning 1993 DPOY over 1993 MJ (DPOY Runner-Up)

Are all Opposition Head Coaches stupid to credit MJ over Hakeem.

Dont they know more about DEFEENSE than some fan watching 6 games here and there.

I rather take Kenny Smith saying, "MJ had one side of the half court locked down DEFENSIVELY with those reflexes and quickness and WINGSPAN. The other side was locked down DEFENSIVELY by Scottie with even longer WINGSPAN. Grant had the Paint Locked down DEFENSIVELY. Those 3 together were called DOBERMAN defense of Bulls"

Weird cvnt.