Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Default Re: 22yr old Anthony Edwards vs 22yr old Michael Jordan

Yes this thread is really, really dumb even for ISH.
    Jordan had a NCAA chip by age 22 and was coming off a season (85-86) where he missed 64 games. Unless of course you're saying vs. Michael's rookie year (84-85).
    Either way, Mike had powerhouses like Orlando Woolridge on his team, and the year before (83-84) Chicago was 27-55. With just Woolridge Joran improved them to 38-44; an 11 game improvement.

While I love Edwards; he had a sidekick All-Star (KAT), the DPOY (Gobert) plus the 6th man of the year on his squad..

You'd have to be on the far wrong side of the spectrum to even entertain such a comparison.

That's it, OP. You convinced me, Anthony Edwards is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Can we just let players be who they actually are?
    Would be a nice change of pace, right? Jesus H Christ these comparisons are tiresome and lead nowhere.

NBA rookie of the year

Penny Hardaway was an All-Star and in the NBA Finals when he was roughly the same age as Anthony Edwards too, I mean this stuff doesn't really mean that much, some guys are able to be on better teams earlier in their careers than others, that's just basically the luck of the draw, doesn't tell you much more than that.

Wolves were underrated because they play in a non-sexy market but that roster is good. Now that they've beaten Denver they're getting a lot of press they should have gotten before. KAT is a 4x All-Star, they got the 6th man of the year, they have a DPOY multiple time winner and also multiple time All-Star in Gobert, Conley is good veteran leadership and they have even other good players past that.

Jordan didn't have a team that good until 1991.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 05-22-2024 at 12:18 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease