Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Default Re: Your job is to make Jokic better -- what do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts:

1. The game is 48 minutes. Jokic says it's not how you start but how you finish -- but it is actually both. Stop giving opponents easy first quarters. The hole is something you have to spend much energy to crawl out of.

2. Take more shots in 1st quarters and 1st halves. It is very predictable after all these years that you are going to look for assists early on. It is a mistake. If the shot is there, take it. Assits will take care of themselves. Look to score more, especially to start the game.

3. Take less 3 pointers. If you take this many you go practice. Even if it's a 35% shot for you (and this year and especially this playoffs it wasn't) it's a bad shot. You shoot 60% on 2s. Cut back on threes. But if you insist on taking them, spend months practicing them.

4. Foul some cutters and perimeter dunkers hard. Send a message.

5. Attack the basket in a more decisive way when you are crowded. You will get more FTs. Don't look for the finesse play all the time, mix it up. Brute force also works. The key is that your opponent have no idea what you will do. Be less predictable.

This is what I could come up with.
    These are all good things he can change right away, tactically, on his path to becoming a stronger, faster athlete.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    you from Austria-Hungary ? On my euro side I have ancestors from Pécs & Orfű

Budapest, Hungary for the time being. But it seems I'm moving to the US soon.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I also recommend he wear some Jump Soles to maximize his ability to jump higher.

I really wanted those as a kid My mother refused to buy them for me.

I could almost dunk, could dunk with a tennisball. If I had 2 more inches from those shoes, it would have changed my life.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    3. Take less 3 pointers. If you take this many you go practice. Even if it's a 35% shot for you (and this year and especially this playoffs it wasn't) it's a bad shot. You shoot 60% on 2s. Cut back on threes. But if you insist on taking them, spend months practicing them.
    I would think this would be the easiest metric for Jokic to improve with a summer of practise.

Missed at least 7 shots from 3 in game 7. If just half of those go in, then it's a different game.

He also seemed to be able to get that Pick and Pop every time with Murray. With hitting a few of those, then KAT or Gobert would have to close out harder and he could drive.

So yeah, go practise those 3s and become a 40% shooter.