Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Boston Celtics vs. (6) Indiana Pacers

I'd love for the Pacers to win but I don't see how they can.

Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Boston Celtics vs. (6) Indiana Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Pacers hopefully in 7.

A young inexperienced team that is constantly improving every round and finally finding their rhythm/identity.

They were down 2-0 against the Knicks while trailing by nine points in the 4th quarter of game 3 but somehow managed to win that game and eventually the series which is a pretty impressive comeback regardless of the injurues.
    NY being banged up helped improve their chances while their guys are able to recover better since they're obviously young. Tho speaking of injuries, they also didn't have math around but his absence/sidelining isn't as significant as some of the key starters from the opposing team earlier.

One of the things opposing fans casually disregard is that Indiana actually won the season series against the Bucks and Knicks so it would have been competitive even without the injuries.

Yeah, forgot about that. That could be fair i guess. Regardless, hali must be having the last laugh now over his former peers back in sac now that he's in the middle of a deep playoff run.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

One of the things opposing fans casually disregard is that Indiana actually won the season series against the Bucks and Knicks so it would have been competitive even without the injuries.
    Obviously the Pacers have been the most healthy compared to their opponents but Mathurin is a huge out for them.

He is by far their best wing defender and they were lucky Giannis was out because he has always been affective guarding him.

While it hasn't mattered too much up untill now, they will really miss him this series going up against Brown and Tatum.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Milwaukee has some undiagnosed issue. Regular season was a massive underachievement. Pulled the biggest trade of the offseason and only got worse. I agree that the Pacers give them a hard time regardless.

The Knicks... I'm not sure. The timing of the Julius Randle injury made it so that we didn't get to see the Knicks at full strength at any point. Randle is a legit scorer and the Knicks didn't have a second one in that series. I'm not sure because again, we didn't get to see this team full strength but given how hard they fought when at a severe talent disadvantage what happens when the footing is close to equal?

We just don't know.

Healthy Knicks vs healthy Celtics would have been a killer ECF but I'm hoping the Pacers can surprise us. If Haliburton's hamstring is truly ok now I think they can win 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Milwaukee has some undiagnosed issue. Regular season was a massive underachievement. Pulled the biggest trade of the offseason and only got worse. I agree that the Pacers give them a hard time regardless.
    True but it's not just that. Having one of the worse coaches amongst the playoff teams in doc rivers doesn't help. Getting rid of griffin mid-season is bad but doing the same for holiday last summer must've sucked for them a lot too.

The Knicks... I'm not sure. The timing of the Julius Randle injury made it so that we didn't get to see the Knicks at full strength at any point. Randle is a legit scorer and the Knicks didn't have a second one in that series. I'm not sure because again, we didn't get to see this team full strength but given how hard they fought when at a severe talent disadvantage what happens when the footing is close to equal?

We just don't know.
    There were too many circumstances in this run. But yeah, at full force the knicks would have likely prevailed. They have postseason experience in them and brunson has played in the cf before. The only thing that indy has rn is that ist run from last year but i'm not sure if it means anything here. Still, they're obviously a better team now than they were the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Rick Carlisle a top 5 coach?

Yes.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Celtics in 7

Default Re: (1) Celtics vs. (6) Pacers Third Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    This. /thread.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Payton Pritchard is a match for McConnell and White and Holiday don't get outhustled.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Pacers are the fakest conference finals team since moses parted the red sea. Indy wins at best two games.

Celtics in 5. Indy has the worst defense of any playoff team . They will have one game where they can’t miss.

Knicks were a much better team after the OG trade. Indy didn't face the Knicks with OG during the season because he got hurt.

The Knicks won both playoff games he played in spite of their other injuries. I am not counting the 5 minutes in game 7.