Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: When's the last time a DPOY is destroyed this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    Jokic vs. the Lakers: 28.2 ppg on 59.1%/33.3%/92.6%, 16.2 rpg, 9.8 apg

"AD did great"

Jokic vs. Gobert/KAT: 28.2 ppg on 52.8%/24%/89.2%, 10.2rpg, 8 apg

"DPOY getting torched."

The narrative is hilarious
    Go and watch the series. AD did just as well as Toody defending Jokic 1 on 1, Lakers did not have other bigs nor great defenders on the perimeter.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Lol go rewatch the games bud they are free. Many of the shots he missed weren’t even with GP defending him and even the ones he did miss with GP on him were routine shots he creates enough space to not be bothered and he just misses. If there’s anything GP should be commended for those games it was his ball denial.
    Well yea he was making him work harder in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Well yea he was making him work harder in general.
    Not when it came to MJ actually attempting a field goal, no he really didn’t. And if you really believe he did, tell me me which ones and I’ll go back and watch.

Lol go rewatch the games bud they are free. Many of the shots he missed weren’t even with GP defending him and even the ones he did miss with GP on him were routine shots he creates enough space to not be bothered and he just misses. If there’s anything GP should be commended for those games it was his ball denial.
    I'd respect what you just said if everyone we discuss here got to "just miss shots" they normally make, but you don't and I can't. And funnily enough this "just missed shots" narrative pretty much deads most of the criticism we throw at any great. So tell me is this just missed shots phenomenon an Mj exclusive?

NBA Superstar

Not when it came to MJ actually attempting a field goal, no he really didn’t. And if you really believe he did, tell me me which ones and I’ll go back and watch.
    It’s been a while since I’ve watched. A couple years.

Was he able to get to his exact spots where he dominates? Did he move exactly the same way after fighting with GP off-ball? Rhythm affected in any way? Able to get downhill and convert some easier looks?

There are a lot of factors that a defender can play in throwing a game off. Again, Jordan have one game where he shot 50% from the field doesn’t mean that he didn’t still have great defense being played on him.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    I'd respect what you just said if everyone we discuss here got to "just miss shots" they normally make, but you don't and I can't. And funnily enough this "just missed shots" narrative pretty much deads most of the criticism we throw at any great. So tell me is this just missed shots phenomenon an Mj exclusive?
    Having gone back and watched each field goal attempt I absolutely do get to make that claim. Until you do the same your just speaking out of your ass.

Having gone back and watched each field goal attempt I absolutely do get to make that claim. Until you do the same your just speaking out of your ass.
    I haven't gone back and watched each possession because i haven't deseperately needed that validation of something thats been retreaded a ton of times already if you're in the hoops community. I've seen videos on it and I heard plenty of interviews that he's(GP) done over the years about it, specifically his strategy agaisnt Mike. You're just doing the typical Mj stan thing. You're only worried about 1 thing. You're not looking at the ball denial and the fight for the spots Mj wanted to operate from he got from Gary along with being challenged verbally and mentally. He made Mj work and the results speak for themselves. Getting the shot you want isn't the same when you've had to fight and exert more energy than you're used to in order to get that look. Keep living in highlight videos though, you guys are becoming memes slowly but surely.

I haven't gone back and watched each possession because i haven't deseperately needed that validation of something thats been retreaded a ton of times already if you're in the hoops community. I've seen videos on it and I heard plenty of interviews that he's(GP) done over the years about it, specifically his strategy agaisnt Mike. You're just doing the typical Mj stan thing. You're only worried about 1 thing. You're not looking at the ball denial and the fight for the spots Mj wanted to operate from he got from Gary along with being challenged verbally and mentally. He made Mj work and the results speak for themselves. Getting the shot you want isn't the same when you've had to fight and exert more energy than you're used to in order to get that look. Keep living in highlight videos though, you guys are becoming memes slowly but surely.
    Going to the tape isn’t stanning, sweety. Until you actually watch the games you can’t be taken seriously.

Good college starter

As has been already mentioned by others Steph did this very recently in the 2022 finals against Boston which going into the finals was being billed as a historic defensive team.

Not only did the Celtics feature the DPOY in Marcus Smart but they also had two other top 10 vote recipients for the award in Robert Williams and Al Horford. Smart and Williams were also selected for the All-Defensive First and Second Teams while four other teammates—Tatum, White, Brown, and Horford—got votes for All-Defensive Team.

Going to the tape isn’t stanning, sweety. Until you actually watch the games you can’t be taken seriously.
    I watched them live buddy.

I watched them live buddy.
    Maybe when you were in diapers. MJ was missing open shots GP wasn’t even affecting lol.

Maybe when you were in diapers. MJ was missing open shots GP wasn’t even affecting lol.
    Whatever makes you sleep.at night my man. So he was just missing open shots? He choked then? Because that's what we call that in 2024 apparently.

Whatever makes you sleep.at night my man. So he was just missing open shots? He choked then? Because that's what we call that in 2024 apparently.
    FMVP isn’t awarded to chokers buddy boy

Lmao at trying to compare jokb1tch to mj.�� Marcus morris is a better comparison

theclown93