Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Is Tatum injured? Why else is he shooting 41% from the field?

Seems like Tatum hasn't adjusted well to physicality.

27% from 3, yikes!

That's Luka Doncic bad.

Default Re: Is Tatum injured? Why else is he shooting 41% from the field?

Very good NBA starter

probably just needs to sleep in, his mind been running all basketball plays causing practices to be a factor of fatigue

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

He’s just super inconsistent. He’s due for a big game though.

Hes always been a bit overrated.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic View Post
    Hes always been a bit overrated.
    I’m starting to think that. I even contended with Elementally Morale about his superstar status during the regular season only to be proven wrong in the playoffs. I still think he’s on that borderline of very good all star and superstar depending on criteria, but he’s been disappointing. There are a handful of players who can look like bitw on any given night, but its consistency that cements superstardom.

Very good NBA starter

Does Tatum have a floater?

My biggest complaint about Tatum is probably that he seems very robotic. He has to be setup at the 3 point line or in the post and work his shot. Can't just make a move and hit the midrange or the floater.

he's inefficient

him and jb

biggest achilles heel for the celt's title hopes

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    he's inefficient

him and jb

biggest achilles heel for the celt's title hopes

Brown's been solid these playoffs overall. Tatum's trying way too hard to be a guy they dont need him to be. They'd literally be better off with him just playing 3&D, because he is a very good defender and a good spot up shooter. But the media and the sponsors have been hyping him up for years to be a guy who "takes over" and he's trying to live up to it. It's fine in the regular season when there's no pressure and a single game doesnt matter if you drop a dud. But in the playoffs he's not that guy and I said it much earlier in the season, if he tries to be during the wrong playoff series it could cost them in the end.

If you really believe in yourself as that guy, just play for the team and the moment will eventually find you. He's trying to force himself into the moment, and it's cringe.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Yes, left ankle.

Almost every team remaining, has stars/rotation players that are playing injured or playing thru nagging previous injuries.

It’s one of the biggest downsides, to having such a pronounced difference in officiating.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Brown's been solid these playoffs overall. Tatum's trying way too hard to be a guy they dont need him to be. They'd literally be better off with him just playing 3&D, because he is a very good defender and a good spot up shooter. But the media and the sponsors have been hyping him up for years to be a guy who "takes over" and he's trying to live up to it. It's fine in the regular season when there's no pressure and a single game doesnt matter if you drop a dud. But in the playoffs he's not that guy and I said it much earlier in the season, if he tries to be during the wrong playoff series it could cost them in the end.

If you really believe in yourself as that guy, just play for the team and the moment will eventually find you. He's trying to force himself into the moment, and it's cringe.
    Agreed.

Tatum is a like a perfect basketball robot. But he ain’t a fiercely competitive, keenly creative, savvy, sharp first team all-nba dude. He’s a statistically inflated, 3rd team all-NBA dude, who still has too predictable and uncreative game to ever be the reliable first option on a multiple championship type squad.

Jalen Brown is closer to “that guy” that Tatum is, despite Tatum being “the better player”.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

agreed that tatum forces it

celtics only test will be the finals when they run into the nuggets. I dont think the knicks or pacers are ready to really test them

we're going to see tatum AND brown chucking it again. mark my words. it will be an easier series for the nuggets than what they're facing right now.

He's been an inconsistent Playoff performer for most of his career. Heavily reliant on his 3s. He's due for a good streak I'm sure but it's why I've never been that high on him personally.

He's doing everything else well. Rebounding well, playmaking, defense. His numbers usually dip come playoff time, but his ability to step up in other areas really helps this team play at a top level.