Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default There is a company that allows you to literally buy stock in athletes now.

Default Re: There is a company that allows you to literally buy stock in athletes now.

Default Re: There is a company that allows you to literally buy stock in athletes now.

The first athlete on it is some young guy on the Denver Broncos. The appeal to young athlete is upfront money when they were on rookie wages. Thing is these days NBA draft picks make too much money. Kobe didn’t make as much as Wemby will make next year until 2004. Current rookie money is superstar vet money from 20 years ago.

Wemby would be foolish to sell 1% of his future for a little more spending money now. Would be interested in seeing how they would determine his “ipo” for lack of a better term.

You’d have to catch somebody like Jokic who went in the second round and see something special to make the investment worth it. If it’s limited so not too many people can buy in? That would be cool. To know you have a percentage of a max guy for life. One% of his next contract will be $4 million. If they limit the number of investors, that would be sweet to break up.

Its an interesting concept at least.

Local High School Star

I was thinking about this sparingly the past year. The whole concept. Shorting and Longing players "stocks". But I knew it wasn't a thing.

I can be really good at picking and shitting on talent. Team level shit is too random year to year, game to game.

I would've sold the **** outta Ayton's stock 3 years ago when it was highest. And would've bought SGA's way back like 4 years ago.
    Last edited by 999Guy; 05-08-2024 at 08:59 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

A digital slave auction.

Yo Blaze we living in a simulation my G.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    A digital slave auction.

Yo Blaze we living in a simulation my G.

Excuse me? I think you mean “student athletes” sir

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    I was thinking about this sparingly the past year. The whole concept. Shorting and Longing players "stocks". But I knew it wasn't a thing.

I can be really good at picking and shitting on talent. Team level shit is too random year to year, game to game.

I would've sold the **** outta Ayton's stock 3 years ago when it was highest. And would've bought SGA's way back like 4 years ago.
    if they worked out a system were buying in, rose and fell off perception sure. But if it’s straight money? You would hold Ayton three years ago. If it involved more speculation, so you could sell high because someone expects him to get another two max contracts and his long term value would then decline it would be a fun game to play.

As it is? His pay could go up just off the new rights deal. If it’s straight cash it would have been smart to invest in the whole nba.

There are kinks to work out I assume.

This is amazing. So I can buy stock in Lebron??

It doesnt have to pay any returns, I just want a part of Lebron I can call my own. Can the stock be bought in the form of a hair lock or a game worn jock strap??

This is gonna be so ****ing cool being business partners with Lebron!!!

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

This is almost ALMOST as pathetic a hustle for suckers, as the NFT BS was.

I feel like OP doesn't know he's been passed around this board as laughing stock.

would you consider using your child support money, to gain support from your child as a clinical definition of the ponzi scheme