Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Lebron built similarly to Malone except with a PG skillset instead of big man

Lebron can't score 36k as the roll-man and deft post touch, so even though it's remarkable to see Karl Malone with a guard handle, it's still just Karl Malone..... still inferior to MJ

NBA sixth man of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Lebron built similarly to Malone except with a PG skillset instead of big man

MJ didn't have a PG handle or other worldly feel for the game/passing

the GOATs are; LeBron, Jokic, Bird, Magic... big dudes with other worldly passing, high efficiency scorers.

Time has proven that MJ's style doesn't win without absurd stacked teams and weak era. Bigger guys with elite passing when in every era... Bill Russell, Walton, Bird, Magic, LeBron, Jokic.... it's the blueprint.

Pippen was the guy who had a claim to elite facilitating in a 6'8 or bigger frame, so he has an argument for GOAT, not Jordan

Default Re: Lebron built similarly to Malone except with a PG skillset instead of big man

Both of you are idiots and posting garbage for the sake of it.

One clown downplaying a big with PG handles and passing (extremely rare) and the other fool playing up a guy who averaged 6 assist or more 3 times in a 17 year career, with a 5.2 APG career average (not even top 100) as a world-class passer.

There's these things called the sky and grass. You might want to check them out sometime.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Just to make something clear: I didn't unban 3ba11. I have never unbanned 3ba11.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Just to make something clear: I didn't unban 3ba11. I have never unbanned 3ba11.
    As we all know who this is I believe you have no power over him anyway.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    As we all know who this is I believe you have no power over him anyway.
    I can't fault your logic.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

Due to passing, the GOATs are LeBron, Jokic, Bird, Magic...

Jordan passed on their level if needed, while they are trash scorers compared to MJ and therefore needed much more help

A GM's dream is finding cheap hustlers and defenders, while their nightmare is finding expensive scoring helped (star help) due to a 1st option that can't carry the scoring load

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    So 3ba11ess is Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    A GM's dream is finding cheap hustlers and defenders, while their nightmare is finding expensive scoring helped (star help) due to a 1st option that can't carry the scoring load
    A logical point.

It's one thing to have an elite all time volume scorer. But then it's another thing for that player to:
    1. Also be insanely efficient.
    2. Amp up their scoring in the playoffs.
    3. Still play insanely elite defense

Most other volume scorers, you are happy to get 1 of these. It's absolutely correct that it's a GM's dream to only need to rely heavily on one elite scorer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Except LeBron is way more athletic than Karl Malone and can shoot outside of 15 ft plus has goat level court vision

LeBron is basically a 2k created player in real life

Very good NBA starter

Agreed.

I watched Lebron's first game, sat up late waiting to see this chosen one. I actually bought my first jersey with Kobe in 1996, my brother got Kemp, so I was not afraid to jump on a new hype.

Then I turn on the cable TV, that I pay a lot to watch, and then they show Lebron clanking a jumper with the ugliest form and I'm thinking da **** this is? And I see this Karl Malone looking teenager running up and down and I'm thinking is this the chozen one?

And then I realize, this isn't a guard, this is a power forward with a handle. This is like who we thought Keving Garnett would be.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Agreed.

I watched Lebron's first game, sat up late waiting to see this chosen one. I actually bought my first jersey with Kobe in 1996, my brother got Kemp, so I was not afraid to jump on a new hype.

Then I turn on the cable TV, that I pay a lot to watch, and then they show Lebron clanking a jumper with the ugliest form and I'm thinking da **** this is? And I see this Karl Malone looking teenager running up and down and I'm thinking is this the chozen one?

And then I realize, this isn't a guard, this is a power forward with a handle. This is like who we thought Keving Garnett would be.
    Well thank god you gave him until his first career game before reaching that conclusion, most fans would have a lot less patience than that.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Well thank god you gave him until his first career game before reaching that conclusion, most fans would have a lot less patience than that.
    When you The Eye then you don't need to know more than that.

If Karl Malome had goat level athletic ability, atg passing ability, goat level basketball mind, with the media following him since 15 or 16 years of age. Malone however in his place wouldn't have made it to that level of stardom as a statutory rape scandal would have ended his hype in it's infancy......