Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Why are the Kyrie and Luka Doncic duo ain't working?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Made sense tho. Rudy saving his energy for the offensive end isn't really netting me the same results as DMitch doing it. A balance needs to be found. That's where coaches come in. But like I said it's complicated by the human element, i.e. "why am I having to work harder than that guy". These thoughts are in their heads even if only subconsciously so.
    Gobert could have saved himself at the offensive end and they would have been bad at both ends of the floor instead of just 1

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He has a +6.3 Net Rating and is the 3rd most impactful player in the league currently in terms of EPM (+7.5), ahead of Jokic (+6.6). Jokic is actually worse on defense according to EPM.

They're a +5.5 when Kyrie and Luka are both on the court, and -9.7 with both on the bench. The defense barely improves (~2 points per 100) while the offense falls apart when Luka's on the bench overall.
    Bingo

When the shots are falling and the team is rolling, obviously it's all good. But when the shots arent falling, Luka Ball can be really painful to watch. It's so stagnant and uninspiring.

That said, they just dont have many other options. They're one of the few teams left in the league who dont have an offensively skilled center. They dont really have a sixth man who creates offense either. It's just Irving and Doncic who play on the floor together and overlap each other's skills, with a bunch of average floor spacers and a center.

On the one hand you can see the team doesnt exactly enjoy playing Luka Ball, on the other hand theyre just less likely to win if they dont.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

All Luka and Kyrie have to do is make it to the playoffs. And then flip that playoff gear switch.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    All Luka and Kyrie have to do is make it to the playoffs. And then flip that playoff gear switch.
    Maybe. I like their chances more than the book odds, altho how far they can go is gonna depend a lot on when they meet Denver. It’s looking more and more like nobody is beating a healthy Nuggets in a series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Maybe. I like their chances more than the book odds, altho how far they can go is gonna depend a lot on when they meet Denver. It’s looking more and more like nobody is beating a healthy Nuggets in a series.
    Key to beating Denver is making Aaron Gordon shoot. He's the weak link like Harrison Barnes on the 2016 Warriors.

Do you think honestly Luka has an extra gear? lol. Half of the games I see he tries his hardest (to get his numbers up) and looks half exhausted by the 4th.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Do you think honestly Luka has an extra gear? lol. Half of the games I see he tries his hardest (to get his numbers up) and looks half exhausted by the 4th.
    In the playoffs Luka will be able to seek out and exploit his opponent though like he did against Gobert, Zubac, Beverly etc.

Also pace slows down, which benefits him. More contact allowed, easier to play defense.

Luka is 3rd in 4th quarter scoring (Fox and Giannis are ahead of him by .1 ppg) with 8 ppg on 52/40/75 splits or ~65%TS. I think he's doing fine.

There is no question Luka is the biggest shot jacking ball hog of all time. The guy has no shame whatsoever.

Shot after shot after shot

Another brick.

Nice air ball

There is no question Luka is the biggest shot jacking ball hog of all time. The guy has no shame whatsoever.
    6 straight 30+point triple-doubles, most in NBA history

also 5 straight games with 35+ points

and he's shooting lights out

He's averaging like 38/10/11 on above 50%FG/60%TS post-ASB in 9 games

You're FUMING

NBA Superstar

Key to beating Denver is making Aaron Gordon shoot. He's the weak link like Harrison Barnes on the 2016 Warriors.
    Aaron Gordon is a completely different, and far better player than Barnes was at the time.

He’s not a shooter and won’t be playing offensively like he is.