Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq says he was over 400 lbs during Lakers last championship

Charles Barkley was 302 pounds after a big dennys meal before his predraft workout. Go look at rookie Barkley. He was nba fat not regular guy fat. He was muscular with some fat. Shaq was 7-8 inches taller and looked as “fat” as rookie Barkley by 02 and 03. Why are people struggling with this?

Default Re: Shaq says he was over 400 lbs during Lakers last championship

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    That being said, I wouldn't put it past Shaq to exaggerate. The media reports at the time had him at like 360-370 I think. He's previously stated he was like 390-395 in 2002. Shaq was a big guy but not anywhere near as robust as Andre The Giant or Calvin Lane. There are comfortably larger humans, but they just can't move like him.
    That picture exaggerates Lane's size. A huge human to be sure but he looks like a cartoon character because of the clothing.

You are correct though that the difference between Shaq and all these other giants is the way he moves.

Look at this old interview with Lane (I heard he's passed now): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPtHM1vgOYw

He needs a cane and he couldn't have been much older if at all than Shaq is now.

He's proportioned and moves like a man 6 inches to a foot shorter. He doesn't have acromegaly like Andre. He's just naturally enormous which is why he can move the way he does.

Even Wilt looks positively uncoordinated in comparison.

He's got to be the most impressive physical marvel at or above 7 foot. Look at his fist next to Wilder's:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...a8e600770e41c1