Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Woj says teams are calling the Wizards about Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    That is why I was confused...I thought I might be missing something. Beal is a massive upgrade over Paul/Shamet...and the Suns did not lose any cap flexibility with the move...because they wouldn't have had any no matter what..
    I don’t see it. Shamet and Paul played 52 mpg between them. Beal plays about 30. So the Suns need to find another player to make up 20+ mpg.

Beal scores about 23 points a game, which is what Paul and Shamet score. Beak’s is on 29% usage, while Paul and Shamet are on 19% usage. Lower Beal’s usage (and someone’s will have to go down), and his scoring will go down as well.

Paul and Shamet get about 11 assists per game, compared to Beal’s 5. That’s also a cause for some concern.

And Shamet and Paul’s spot up 3pt shooting is better than Beal’s. As is their defense.

This doesn’t mean that the Suns can’t fill the gaps and make this work, but it’s a tall task, and as it stands today, the trade makes no sense to me (for either team).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    I don’t see it. Shamet and Paul played 52 mpg between them. Beal plays about 30. So the Suns need to find another player to make up 20+ mpg.

Beal scores about 23 points a game, which is what Paul and Shamet score. Beak’s is on 29% usage, while Paul and Shamet are on 19% usage. Lower Beal’s usage (and someone’s will have to go down), and his scoring will go down as well.

Paul and Shamet get about 11 assists per game, compared to Beal’s 5. That’s also a cause for some concern.

And Shamet and Paul’s spot up 3pt shooting is better than Beal’s. As is their defense.

This doesn’t mean that the Suns can’t fill the gaps and make this work, but it’s a tall task, and as it stands today, the trade makes no sense to me (for either team).
    I don't think anyone...at least not me...is saying that this is a lock for a title or something...I just think it is being overblown that this move was stupid from the Suns. I'm hearing that from a lot of talking heads right now. I don't really think so, but there is of course risk.

I think Beal will shoot/score better than most think...he used to shoot great alongside Wall...so it isn't like he's uncomfortable playing off of shot creators.

I personally would have done this deal if I'm the Suns, but only because you were pretty much stuck regardless. Paul/Shamet has close to no value for the Suns on the court...Paul a year older...might be a negative on court player...and he can't stay healthy anyway...so he had 0 value in the playoffs for them.

Will it work? No idea, I'd like their chances a lot more if they could flip Ayton into a defensive big and another role player.

We'll see...I just think, to use your words, there was huge cause for concern entering back into the season relying on Paul/Shamet...and to turn them into Beal for a win now team...I just can't say it's dumb or bad. Risky? Yes...but really this is all because of the Durant trade. The Durant trade is what gutted this team...so really this is just another part of it...the question is...was Durant worth what they gave up? Last year he absolutely wasn't in the playoffs...maybe he will be this year.

Made that high school varsity squad

I don't think anyone...at least not me...is saying that this is a lock for a title or something...I just think it is being overblown that this move was stupid from the Suns. I'm hearing that from a lot of talking heads right now. I don't really think so, but there is of course risk.

I think Beal will shoot/score better than most think...he used to shoot great alongside Wall...so it isn't like he's uncomfortable playing off of shot creators.

I personally would have done this deal if I'm the Suns, but only because you were pretty much stuck regardless. Paul/Shamet has close to no value for the Suns on the court...Paul a year older...might be a negative on court player...and he can't stay healthy anyway...so he had 0 value in the playoffs for them.

Will it work? No idea, I'd like their chances a lot more if they could flip Ayton into a defensive big and another role player.

We'll see...I just think, to use your words, there was huge cause for concern entering back into the season relying on Paul/Shamet...and to turn them into Beal for a win now team...I just can't say it's dumb or bad. Risky? Yes...but really this is all because of the Durant trade. The Durant trade is what gutted this team...so really this is just another part of it...the question is...was Durant worth what they gave up? Last year he absolutely wasn't in the playoffs...maybe he will be this year.
    I basically agree with all of this. I was comparing to what Shamet/Paul did last regular season. Seems clear that they were willing to simply waive Paul. Based on that, getting Beal is good in the short term. Having four max guys, though? Seems to me that the Suns are playing fantasy basketball while the excellent teams are playing NBA ball. It’s my gut sense, and I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    I basically agree with all of this. I was comparing to what Shamet/Paul did last regular season. Seems clear that they were willing to simply waive Paul. Based on that, getting Beal is good in the short term. Having four max guys, though? Seems to me that the Suns are playing fantasy basketball while the excellent teams are playing NBA ball. It’s my gut sense, and I could be wrong.
    I agree.

I just would push this back to the Durant trade...because that is what caused all of this...and I'm not saying the Durant trade was bad...but that was what gutted the team and put them in this position. Too many, and it's already started, are acting like this Beal trade is creating a lack of flexibility...but in reality...it was the Durant trade.

And while it might not work...I think most people would agree that you'd rather have Beal than Paul/Shamet going forward...both with very limited flexibiilty...if they thought about both options.

End of the day...if Durant plays like a player as good as the haul they got for him...they will have a great shot at a title. Hell, they could have taken the Nuggets to 7 just this season if he was great enough to warrant giving up what the Suns did for him.

Report: Miami Heat didn’t want to pay the luxury tax for Bradley Beal’s contract
    https://heatnation.com/rumors/report...eals-contract/

Color me shocked.......not really. Miami passed on Beal most likely because Riley is a smart executive who wanted to maintain flexibility to improve the roster.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post

Color me shocked.......not really. Miami passed on Beal most likely because Riley is a smart executive who wanted to maintain flexibility to improve the roster.
    The trade wouldn't have been their best move because it doesn't address a need. How big of an upgrade is Beal over Herro? And Herro is younger. You most likely don't improve your team with a small upgrade at a position where you were already pretty good. The guard play in general is what got the Heat to the finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post

lmaooo

not gonna even say it but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    lmaooo

not gonna even say it but yeah.
    Yes, please...say it...

7 2nd round picks, 4 first round pick swaps, and a protected first...with Jordan Poole who will not only help them tank if they play their cards right, but also might be a positive contract in 2 years to flip.

Truly hard to be as wrong as you were.

And like the little bitch that you are...you won't admit it...just like I said you wouldn't.

Yes, please...say it...

7 2nd round picks, 4 first round pick swaps, and a protected first...with Jordan Poole who will not only help them tank if they play their cards right, but also might be a positive contract in 2 years to flip.

Truly hard to be as wrong as you were.

And like the little bitch that you are...you won't admit it...just like I said you wouldn't.
    Nice Saturday morning meltdown.

You said Beal was going to get multiple first round picks

Pat Riley didn’t want to touch Beal with a 10 foot pole because of his suicidal contract

Pretty sure he knows more about basketball then you.

Have a good weekend man. Hope you feel better

Nice Saturday morning meltdown.

You said Beal was going to get multiple first round picks

Pat Riley didn’t want to touch Beal with a 10 foot pole because of his suicidal contract

Pretty sure he knows more about basketball then you.

Have a good weekend man. Hope you feel better
    Just not letting you off the hook for being wrong about everything. You talked a lot of shit for a year...told us how stupid we were...told us how the Wizards deal for Beal was suicide...etc. I could just let you off, but you were and remain annoying as ****...so I'm going to remind you of how ****ing wrong you were...for a while.

You can end it by just admitting you were wrong, but we both know you are too much of a baby to do it.

Pat Riley made an offer for Beal...and pretty sure Beal was traded for positive value and you were wrong, yet again, about everything.

Stay losing...bitch

Just not letting you off the hook for being wrong about everything.

Pat Riley made an offer for Beal...and pretty sure Beal was traded for positive value and you were wrong, yet again, about everything.

Stay losing...bitch
    “2 first round picks”

lmaooo

Pat Riley didn’t want nothing to do with Beal because of his contract

Isiah Thomas was the clown involved in dealing for beal, which is going to **** their franchise for years to come with his suicidal contract.

I’m Pat Riley

You’re Isiah Thomas

I was wrong, and I'm too much of a bitch to admit it.
    I agree.

Stay losing.

I agree.

Stay losing.
    It’s saturday morning man. Stop melting down about you being wrong and go outside and enjoy your weekend or something, lol.

It’s saturday morning man. Stop melting down about you being wrong and go outside and enjoy your weekend or something, lol.
    Not morning where I am, but you do the same....considering you are responding.

Some advice to you...when you talk shit for a year and end up being wrong...real adults just admit it, laugh about it, and move on. They don't act like a little baby.

You can have the last word unless you are going to post something with substance for a change.

Not morning where I am, but you do the same....considering you are responding.

Some advice to you...when you talk shit for a year and end up being wrong...real adults just admit it, laugh about it, and move on. They don't act like a little baby.

You can have the last word unless you are going to post something with substance for a change.
    Isiah Thomas ****ed the suns taking on beal for multiple obvious reasons

Wizards got a steaming pile of dog shit in return for Beal

I was right, Beal’s contract is suicidal.

Feel better man