Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: All Bubble Teams BACK in Conference Finals - I thought it was a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip View Post
    As in the other thread, one could argue whether the two seasons being three years apart are related or not. That's fine. But what I find more interesting is, this year is actually more anomalous and "flukish" than the bubble. In 2020 the Lakers were the #1 seed and the Nuggets were the #3 seed. There is absolutely nothing shocking on paper about those two seeds meeting in the Conference Finals. In the ECF that year, you had the #s 3 and 5 seeds meeting. It was not particularly shocking that the Celtics as a 3 seed made the conference finals, maybe the #5 seed, Heat, somewhat.

But could you imagine if the circumstances of this season (2023) had played out in the bubble? Both the Lakers and the Heat were play in teams at the bottom of their respective conferences barely getting in as 7 and 8 seeds. There would have been more fluke and asterisk talk if that were the case in the 2020 bubble. Again, as far as the Conference Finals go, this season is stranger than the bubble. Just based on seeding, the bubble was more normal.
    Bubble was absolutely more normal. Everyone was healthy from the 4 month break.

And highest level of basketball was seen with more rest and no travelling.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: All Bubble Teams BACK in Conference Finals - I thought it was a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I've had a girlfriend and now wife for 10 years now.

Try harder.

Pictures of my place are in this thread here, how does it compare to yours?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...history-of-i-h

Only absolute trash losers bring up the virgin insult. The cringiest losers I knew in high school and college were using it as insults and now they hate their lives. Same with Spurs m8, he's miserable.
    You got a wife while you're trolling nba forum non-stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    You got a wife while you're trolling nba forum non-stop?
    How on earth is it trolling to simply say all bubble teams are back in the conference finals?

How is it trolling to show evidence disputing fluke bubble narratives?

You got your head twisted on wrong buddy.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    How on earth is it trolling to simply say all bubble teams are back in the conference finals?

How is it trolling to show evidence disputing fluke bubble narratives?

You got your head twisted on wrong buddy.
    Even if you are a Bron- nut rider only him and AD are left over from that team. And the other 3 teams have a much different experience or talent roster than 3 years ago. Also we will probably see the C's vs the Nuggets in this finals

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    Even if you are a Bron- nut rider only him and AD are left over from that team. And the other 3 teams have a much different experience or talent roster than 3 years ago. Also we will probably see the C's vs the Nuggets in this finals
    Are you saying the 2020 teams were a fluke?

The core stayed the same for all those teams. Just like the core of the Bulls Jordan and Pippen were the only constant in those 90s bulls.

The only reason these guys attack the bubble title is because Lebron won.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Bubble had 6 months rest and no HCA.

It's a huge difference.

And you'll see.
    Exactly. No one with an eye for detail remotely takes non 82 game season championships like 1999, 2012, or 2020 seriously.

Banned

Well this thread is an epic backfire.

The Canadian idiot 8ball once again outed as being a low IQ moron. All four teams are very different, so his very premis is flawed, but let's by his argument that they're the same, I guess it proves that the bubble was a fluke, because the Lakers got swept and COULDN'T EVEN MAKE IT OUT OF THE CONFERENCE.

Where you at, 8Dingus?