Default Which player in history has the longest run of improvement year-for-year?

I think Harden is a good shout.

He basically improved every single year until 2019, and for the first 2 months of 2019/2020 he was still going upwards.

Well, I wanted to make this topic and realized its a doozy and also one year slip-up can derail what is overall a long(er) positive trend, also injuries and role can mask improvement.

And of course the levels of improvement even between ATGs can vary greatly, so since there is a human limit, someone greater sooner will have a shorter range of "improvement".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Which player in history has the longest run of improvement year-for-year?

I like Brogdon

National High School Star

Default Re: Which player in history has the longest run of improvement year-for-year?

Hondo, perhaps Jimmy Butler

The correct answer is JJ Redick

National High School Star

Ben Simmons

Kind of looks like Kobe's first 10 seasons with both of them starting off the bench and peaking in PPG in their 10th season. It's impressive how his usage rate went up year by year while his efficiency stayed the same or increased for the most part as well. Maintaining the same 3PT% while shooting over twice as many from 2013 to 19 is crazy.

Giannis should be in the discussion as well

https://www.basketball-reference.com...antetgi01.html

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Kind of looks like Kobe's first 10 seasons with both of them starting off the bench and peaking in PPG in their 10th season. It's impressive how his usage rate went up year by year while his efficiency stayed the same or increased for the most part as well. Maintaining the same 3PT% while shooting over twice as many from 2013 to 19 is crazy.
    Kobe took a clear step back in 2002. His 2001 season is easily better.