Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Let's review Pippen's 3rd biggest choke of career - the foul on Hubert Davis (gif

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Oh stop. He didnt almost cost the Bulls a title in 91. I think he played MJ to a standstill in 91.

You have your opinion I have mine. And the league. The head of officiating, hell the player who got the call all agree it was a bad call. Move on.

Well, your opinion is clearly dumb (bolded above).. Plain and simple... Enjoy your dumbness sir.. hope you have a good evening.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Let's review Pippen's 3rd biggest choke of career - the foul on Hubert Davis (gif

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    I dont need you to agree with me. I need you to be consistent in your argument. If you can play the "what if" game why cant I?

If the Bulls lost that series, trust and believe that Miller push wouldve been a point of contention. You always see everything that alludes to Pippens success outside of Jordan as exaggerated. Like Pippen playing hurt effecting his numbers? Now dont go into another thread and say something that's totally contradictory again.

That's all I'm saying bro. We dont know how Pippen wouldve faired in another situation. You're acting like Pippen was Ben Simmons and had 4 or 5 years WITHOUT MJ and then his offensive abilities dramatically improved upon joining MJ. WE DONT KNOW. Why didnt Jordan turn anybody else into a player as good as Pippen?
    You’re not hearing me, 97. You can have your opinion; I just don’t agree with it. And if I don’t agree with something, I’m going to let you know. That’s the nature of sports debate.

The Bulls lost that game just like they did in New York, back in 94. The outcome of a series shouldn’t matter, because a missed call is still a blown one. Again, I give Pippen credit AND have repeatedly told you he was a great defender. Heck his 91-93 playoff runs were pretty good, given what other #2s did at the time. You’re hung up on me calling him overrated during the late 90s, but the numbers match my eye test.

Idk what you’re reading, but I have never called Pippen Ben Simmons. When the comparison gets brought up, I point to Pippen’s shooting and half-court game. Two aspects Pippen bested Ben in. Scottie was still an all-star level talent without Jordan. I’m just not sure he’s the SAME player had he began his career elsewhere. That isn't hating either. That’s what Pippen and Krause have both said.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    You’re not hearing me, 97. You can have your opinion; I just don’t agree with it. And if I don’t agree with something, I’m going to let you know. That’s the nature of sports debate.
    I feel you bro. I'm not even trying to convince you. You just cant disagree with me by removing the "if" card when you use it. I mean, it's not far fetched that the Bulls beat the Knicks in 6 seeing as how, they scored more points than the Knicks that series, they had leads late in most of those games, and the Bulls actually won game 6.

The Bulls lost that game just like they did in New York, back in 94. The outcome of a series shouldn’t matter, because a missed call is still a blown one. Again, I give Pippen credit AND have repeatedly told you he was a great defender. Heck his 91-93 playoff runs were pretty good, given what other #2s did at the time. You’re hung up on me calling him overrated during the late 90s, but the numbers match my eye test.
    No sir. I have a problem with a player playing hurt being called a bum. Even though the eye test shows he contributed to the teams success. You're not prepared to give him any slack. That's my issue with you. And I hate to keep bringing up a dead horse but I've seen you apply my logic in another debate.

Idk what you’re reading, but I have never called Pippen Ben Simmons. When the comparison gets brought up, I point to Pippen’s shooting and half-court game. Two aspects Pippen bested Ben in. Scottie was still an all-star level talent without Jordan. I’m just not sure he’s the SAME player had he began his career elsewhere. That isn't hating either. That’s what Pippen and Krause have both said.
    Jordan said Pippen made him a better basketball player. That's what teammates do bro. That dont mean that the only way a player can have success is with that player. And we JUST DONT KNOW. We dont know how Pippen developes in another system. With other great players. And it baffles me that Pippen is the only player that carries that mantra. The standard Pippen was expected to meet was never expected by players that were considered much better than he was.

For example, the Blazers coughing up that 15pt lead vs the Lakers. Pip was almost 35 years old when that game was played. The Blazers were the underdog, and they were on the road. Kobe Bryant doesn't receive flack for coughing up a 24 point lead to the Celtics, Lebron James and Dwyane Wade dont get much backlash for relinquishing a big lead to the Mavs, Clyde Drexler isn't castigated for losing to the Bulls while giving up a big lead. And Pippen led the comeback by scoring 12pts in the 4th. And all these guys were in their primes. The double standard never ceases to amaze me.

7-time NBA All-Star

It's funny that everyone already knows what the other 3 chokes are - they're legendary

1) the "migrane"

2) the "sit out" game

3) lost 17 point lead in 00' WCF - couldn't win without MJ, even with a 17 point lead in 4th quarter
    Last edited by 3ba11; 07-03-2021 at 12:57 PM.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    It's funny that everyone already knows what the other 3 chokes are - they're legendary

1) the "migrane"

2) the "sit out" game

3) lost 17 point lead in 00' WCF - couldn't win without MJ, even with a 17 point lead in 4th quarter
    everyone knows mikes chokes too

1985 cummings unranked 1st round loss
    1986 sweep 1st round
    1987 sweep 1st round (1-9)
    1988 pistons rape
    1989 pistons rape
    1999 pistons rape
    1995 turnover, lose to magic
    1996 kemp gets 3 fmvp votes, rodman gets 2
    2002 playoff miss
    2003 playoff miss

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay View Post
    everyone knows mikes chokes too

1985 cummings unranked 1st round loss
    1986 sweep 1st round
    1987 sweep 1st round (1-9)
    1988 pistons rape
    1989 pistons rape
    1999 pistons rape
    1995 turnover, lose to magic
    1996 kemp gets 3 fmvp votes, rodman gets 2
    2002 playoff miss
    2003 playoff miss

^^^ everyone loses with low seeds and underdogs, so those aren't criticisms and Jordan overachieved with those low seeds and upset teams as the underdog

Ultimately, you just posted all the years Jordan didn't win the title and claimed they were blemishes, which isn't how it works - only losses as the favorite/HCA matter, or losses with super-teams, and turning hand-picked preseason favorites into underdog or loser every year (2011-2016)...

7-time NBA All-Star

Pippen cost the Bulls 70 wins in 1997 by air-balling a wide open game-winner in the final game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NX0i5b5mI&t=09m53s

No pip? Forget about it.