Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: List of the top 10 shooting guards ever. Come argue about number 4...and 6...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Never taking any opinions series if they take ray over iverson. Might as well call iverson a top 5 player ever. It’s just about as right. Btw white mans mind think almost alike. Y’all two family’s go steal some land or something
    Lol You think Iverson is a top 10 player of all time...your opinion is about as worthless as it gets.

Default Re: List of the top 10 shooting guards ever. Come argue about number 4...and 6...

The Iceman is very underrated these days... I think I'd have him over Ray Ray and Reggie who were mostly sharpshooters. Gervin was way more versatile as a scorer. His athleticism is sometime forgotten about as well. He is the proto-Durant.

My list just off the top of my head:

1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Wade
    5. Harden
    6. Iverson
    7. Drexler
    8. Gervin
    9. Allen
    10. Miller

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Iverson being higher than West is the real blasphemy here.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    The Iceman is very underrated these days... I think I'd have him over Ray Ray and Reggie who were mostly sharpshooters. Gervin was way more versatile as a scorer. His athleticism is sometime forgotten about as well. He is the proto-Durant.

My list just off the top of my head:

1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. West
    4. Wade
    5. Harden
    6. Iverson
    7. Drexler
    8. Gervin
    9. Allen
    10. Miller
    What's the argument for Iverson over Drexler? Because I don't see it. Frankly, I don't think he's top 10 at all, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    What's the argument for Iverson over Drexler? Because I don't see it. Frankly, I don't think he's top 10 at all, period.
    Iverson over West or Harden is very hard to sell. Over Drexler I can see a case. Iverson was a really good scorer playing with little help. Being 2-3% below league average in TS% can be ok when you play with guys who can't score period. Anyways it's not clearcut. I can see Drexler over AI for sure. Gervin as well. Ray and Reggie not really. Those guys were more efficient but AI is a much better floor raiser. And it's not like Allen or Miller did anything else that well outside of scoring. Besides AI had historically low turnover rates which makes up for lower shooting efficiency.

NBA Superstar

These all-time lists are always a little wild. Until McGrady started to really succumb to his back shit, there was no one in the world who thought that Ray Allen was better. That's like from 2000-2007.

There were some years where they were just completely different tiers as players. Most of those years actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Iverson over West or Harden is very hard to sell. Over Drexler I can see a case. Iverson was a really good scorer playing with little help. Being 2-3% below league average in TS% can be ok when you play with guys who can't score period. Anyways it's not clearcut. I can see Drexler over AI for sure. Gervin as well. Ray and Reggie not really. Those guys were more efficient but AI is a much better floor raiser. And it's not like Allen or Miller did anything else that well outside of scoring. Besides AI had historically low turnover rates which makes up for lower shooting efficiency.
    Yeah that means a lot less when Iverson ran off guys like Stackhouse and Larry Hughes because he wanted to chuck non stop. People always going on about lack of offensive help, but that was because Iverson ran the help off the team so he could chuck up 25+ shots a game. Iverson isn't anything special as a floor raiser. Drexler was definitely a more impactful player than Iverson was in his prime and peak. Same for Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    These all-time lists are always a little wild. Until McGrady started to really succumb to his back shit, there was no one in the world who thought that Ray Allen was better. That's like from 2000-2007.

There were some years where they were just completely different tiers as players. Most of those years actually.
    I always liked Tracy Mcgrady's all around game, but he was nothing special as a scorer. He was pretty much the definition of a high volume scorer who had to chuck up a ton of shots to get his points. Ray Allen was far more efficient. Ray should have been shooting more in general when he was on the Bucks. He was a guy who could have been taking 20 shots a game and putting up 28ppg on good efficiency if he had wanted to be.

NBA Superstar

I always liked Tracy Mcgrady's all around game, but he was nothing special as a scorer. He was pretty much the definition of a high volume scorer who had to chuck up a ton of shots to get his points. Ray Allen was far more efficient. Ray should have been shooting more in general when he was on the Bucks. He was a guy who could have been taking 20 shots a game and putting up 28ppg on good efficiency if he had wanted to be.
    He was certainly a high volume guy, but his offensive game was so well rounded. He could shoot, slash, finish, pass, he was creative. Plus he was the type who would make a couple ridiculous plays or go on a Kobe-like run that would completely demoralize an opponent. There was no way you could defend him when he was hitting.

I feel like Ray's shot selection was a huge strength. When he went to Seattle and started taking more shots (because he had to) his efficiency dipped. I don't think he'd be a capable high volume scorer. Just wasn't as versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    He was certainly a high volume guy, but his offensive game was so well rounded. He could shoot, slash, finish, pass, he was creative. Plus he was the type who would make a couple ridiculous plays or go on a Kobe-like run that would completely demoralize an opponent. There was no way you could defend him when he was hitting.

I feel like Ray's shot selection was a huge strength. When he went to Seattle and started taking more shots (because he had to) his efficiency dipped. I don't think he'd be a capable high volume scorer. Just wasn't as versatile.
    Ray was a much more well rounded scorer than people give him credit for. People just remember the Celtics and beyond Ray Allen when he was already 33+. He did it all on the Bucks and Sonics.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-11-2021 at 10:03 PM.

McGrady wasn’t inefficient until injuries messed him up. 01-04 he was above league average TS% every year. Allen certainly never reached 03 McGrady level.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    McGrady wasn’t inefficient until injuries messed him up. 01-04 he was above league average TS% every year. Allen certainly never reached 03 McGrady level.
    I don't give a shit about the league average. Stars are supposed to be stars...better than the league average. The only season Mcgrady ever had that was half decently efficient was that 03 season and even then it wasn't anything special... .560%ts. Other than that he was always chucking like 20 shots to get 24ppg or something which is meh.

Lmao at efficiency next we’ll be praising total points over ppg(barring a good sample size)

I don't give a shit about the league average. Stars are supposed to be stars...better than the league average. The only season Mcgrady ever had that was half decently efficient was that 03 season and even then it wasn't anything special... .560%ts. Other than that he was always chucking like 20 shots to get 24ppg or something which is meh.
    He was better than league average I just said that. Considering volume that’s great. You really think someone like Brandon Ingram is a better scorer than McGrady? Stop comparing efficiency in a league where the average TS% is 57.2% to one in which it was 6% lower.

McGrady’s 56.2 TS% in 03 is actually incredibly impressive. The league average was 51.9%, he was quite a bit above league average and he led the league in scoring. There has never been an NBA before the last few years in which 56.2% wasn’t a damn good TS%

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Lmao at efficiency next we’ll be praising total points over ppg(barring a good sample size)
    No surprise a retard that thinks Iverson is a top 10 player of all time doesn't care for efficiency.