Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default [VIDEO] Michael Jordan 1 on 1 with Toni Kukoc [1 on 1 plays]

Serious playground baller

Default Re: [VIDEO] Michael Jordan 1 on 1 with Toni Kukoc [1 on 1 plays]

Thanks for posting this. Toni lit him up

Kukoc was a special player.

Under different circumstances he would have been leading a team. 6'10, matchup problem for anyone, could shoot, was long and could cause problems on defense at least on the help side of things. One of the best passers out there.

Given reign to run his own thing, he is probably a 24/6/6 type guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    Kukoc was a special player.

Under different circumstances he would have been leading a team. 6'10, matchup problem for anyone, could shoot, was long and could cause problems on defense at least on the help side of things. One of the best passers out there.

Given reign to run his own thing, he is probably a 24/6/6 type guy.
    He spent his early career as being the distant 4th best player on the Bulls, yet as soon as Jordan/Pippen/Rodman left and he had the Bulls to himself, he averaged 19, 7, and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    He spent his early career as being the distant 4th best player on the Bulls, yet as soon as Jordan/Pippen/Rodman left and he had the Bulls to himself, he averaged 19, 7, and 5.
    On very low efficiency IIRC. I think the best version of Kukoc to post those numbers Plowking mentioned was during the Bulls 3 peat years. And best case it's probably for a middle of the road team. I dont think Kukoc could drop 22/7/7( my personal guesstimates) on any team with title aspirations. Very good player, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    There was a guy here who posts about the 2nd three peat bulls (not 97bulls) who pointed out Kukoc finished in top 20 in advanced stats for offensive rating, win shares, value over replacement. kukoc was top class & stats back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    On very low efficiency IIRC. I think the best version of Kukoc to post those numbers Plowking mentioned was during the Bulls 3 peat years. And best case it's probably for a middle of the road team. I dont think Kukoc could drop 22/7/7( my personal guesstimates) on any team with title aspirations. Very good player, obviously.
    1999 team didn't do him any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    1999 team didn't do him any favours.
    No, but if memory serves by that point wasn't he dealing with injuries? I think 95 to 98 Kukoc is the best version of him to drop the numbers being listed here.

I’m gonna say he do best in a poor mans ginobili role. So maybe 18/6/5 as a 2-3rd option on a good but not close to the bulls lvl team. Tbf ginobili just wasn’t capable of playing heavy minutes kukoc did a few years

3ball said Toni Kukoc was as good as Luka Doncic. And he could average 29/9/8 in today's nba
    Last edited by Lebron23; 09-28-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Kukoc own estimates,

"I truly believe if I went somewhere where I handled the ball more, I would have easily averaged 20 [points], 7 [rebounds], and 7 [assists]," Kukoc said. "But I would never, ever change my time with the Bulls for All-Star Games or anything. If people say my numbers aren't enough for the Hall of Fame, I'm fine with that. Every player would give up anything to be a part of those teams. It was the best time of my career."

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Kukoc own estimates,
    Pretty much my estimates but I added a couple of points. He's right though, as 'the man' elsewhere he may have put up better solo numbers, maybe a few all star selections but largely forgettable. Being a key part of those Bulls teams makes him more memorable just due to the association with that team. Look at Dino Radja who came into the league with him. He maxed out at 20/10 on those Celtics squads and was a bridge between Reggie Lewis' untimely passing and before they drafted Pierce. Anyone remember or talk about him at all? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Pretty much my estimates but I added a couple of points. He's right though, as 'the man' elsewhere he may have put up better solo numbers, maybe a few all star selections but largely forgettable. Being a key part of those Bulls teams makes him more memorable just due to the association with that team. Look at Dino Radja who came into the league with him. He maxed out at 20/10 on those Celtics squads and was a bridge between Reggie Lewis' untimely passing and before they drafted Pierce. Anyone remember or talk about him at all? Nope.
    Yeah you cant fault his reasoning for wanting to be on those teams and be part of the fame and success.

Yeah you cant fault his reasoning for wanting to be on those teams and be part of the fame and success.
    And I wonder if coming up in Europe the idea of 'team' is drilled into these guys so being part of a championship team is more important than chasing individual glory. That's probably more of a North American thing when every 13 year old with talent is bombarded with visions of NBA stardom and shoe deals before they've dribbled a ball in the big leagues.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Kukoc own estimates,
    He would never change his time with Bulls? Fine, well, that costed him Hall of Fame now.

I am Croatian, as Kukoc, and Im sure that Toni Kukoc is not part of Hall of fame because of Bulls. If anyone from Europe deserves to be in Hall of fame, that's Kukoc, for everything he won back here in Europe, but because he played in Bulls, he payed the price.