Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anthony Davis vs. Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by Gray GOAT;14109212[U
    ]Garnett played on, and even this is an understatement, godawful teams in Minnesota for the majority of his career and prime,[/U] still in all I am yet to see Davis produce a season equivalent to what Garnett did in 2004. The few seasons you could actually look at a team he was on and respect it were 04 (where Cassell got injured), 08 (when they won), 09 (when Garnett himself was injured) and 10 (when Perkins was injured).
    Exactly. 95% of people here never watched KG on a consistent basis to realize just how good he was in his prime. AD is great but he isn't on prime KG's level yet. For all the people who just post stats to compare players just be aware of the fact that KG was one of the best TEAM defenders ever. He was an elite 1-1 defender but his team defense was otherworldly.

Default Re: Anthony Davis vs. Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Garnett to me is the greatest defensive anchor of all time, I've never seen a player able to rally a team defensively like him. He's better overall I'd say. Davis has a great jumper but people forget KG's post fadeaway was MONEY. AD has never had a game like Garnett in the 04 conference semis game 7 vs the Kings.
    My first NBA game ever

Sadly it was all downhill form there