Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Harden is so insanely slept on

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    It's not about winning a chip, it's about him underperforming consistently in the playoffs while having some literal WOAT level games with his season on the line. I agree with you that most players wouldn't win a chip in his place, but this isn't an issue of team result, the criticism comes from his individual performance in the playoffs

Harden's regular season stats say he's a top 5 player ever, but the GOATs kinda maintain their play through the postseason. People like CP3, Charles Barkley and others in that tier played way better that.

For me Harden's done everything he can in the regular season. I also think that there are potentially other players who could average these stats to a degree if they played in this hyper system. I'll give him credit for kind of pioneering this style though. Bottom line is he has to be better in the postseason otherwise none of this matters.

Good college starter

It's simple. He wins a championship this year a lot of the criticisms vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    It's simple. He wins a championship this year a lot of the criticisms vanish.

Terry Stotts just decided to double him and it worked both times. He had two meh games in two losses to Portland. So no, he's not even close to the best player in the NBA from what I've seen.

One of the most overrated players in the game. so boring, yawn

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Dude really might be the best player in the league.

He had almost 5 months off from ball, and comes right back putting up 35.3/9.2/8.7 with 3 steals on 72.9 TS%.

I don't like his playstyle, but damn if it isn't effective.

How many guys can put up 35/7/7 over two seasons?

He is without a doubt the most underrated star of this era, partly due to his OKC stint.

Since leaving OKC, he has played 611 games and put up 29.6/6/7.7 on 61.1 TS%, 26.8 PER and 8.1 BPM.
    Hes really not though. With the exception of last year he consistently gets considerably worse come playoffs. His fg% and 3pt% drop dramatically and on top of that hes still mediocre defensively. It be different if he ramped up his defense to make up for his offensive but he dosnt. Hes also has more than one choke job in big elimination games.

Dont get me wrong dude is amazing. Its just that some of his success is based on the rules and era hes in. He manipulates the rules better than anyone. So much so that defeders are tentative to gaurd him. Its not until deep in the playoffs where guys are allowed to be more physical defensively where we see harden actually face real defense.