View Poll Results: Which team was the 90's Bulls' Toughest Competition?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks

3 37.50%
  • Cavs

0 0%
  • Pacers

1 12.50%
  • Jazz

1 12.50%
  • Other

3 37.50%
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Question 90's Bulls Toughest Competition? (Poll, corrected)

Knicks for me.

We have a thread on this but figured a poll would give us a better read on where ISH stands on this.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 07-07-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Default Re: 90's Bulls Toughest Competition? (Poll, corrected)

'93 Suns. It would've been the '96 Magic had Grant not missed the series

What about over a sustained period? They played the Suns once. I thought about the Magic since they played them twice but excluded them because the Magic contended for only 2 years. The other teams on the list were perennial contenders for at least 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    What about over a sustained period? They played the Suns once. I thought about the Magic since they played them twice but excluded them because the Magic contended for only 2 years. The other teams on the list were perennial contenders for at least 4-5 years.
    Over a sustained amount of time, for teams that he beat? It'd have to be the Knicks, I honestly don't even see another option

Some people would say the Jazz but for me it is the Knicks. They met them four years in a row in the playoffs and five times in six years (meant the 90's and the team, not MJ years, so 94' is another count in favor of the Knicks and Cavs as rivals--more so the Knicks since the Cavs got swept again). The Knicks played the Bulls tougher than anyone else did in the 90's.

The Cavs, Pacers were consistently good but in a tier below as rivals to me. The Pacers had more postseason success than the Cavs but played the Bulls only once, but I included them as division rivals. Cavs had more talent and RS success than the Pacers.

The case for the Jazz would be star power. They had 2 HOF players who are top 30 all-time at minimum. Stockton>>>Starks.

For "other" I had the Magic mainly in mind but people may think of the Suns, Sonics. It is just hard to be a rival of the arguable GOAT team when you were relevant for only two years.

probably the pacers. they had the talent, coaching, cohesion and depth. they just couldn't get the job done. the knicks were tough and well coached, but they were a mess and not a championship team. the jazz matchups were always interesting because it was a floor full of absolute veterans going at it... not much of an athletic show, but a slow paced 100% mental one.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

The Knicks in their conference but in the finals it was the Sonics.