Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: Should the Lakers Deactivate Playoff LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    The Lakers never had a game when LeBron, Ingram and Kuzma all played well. Ingram needs the ball. Kuzma needs his touches. Kuzma will put up his shots even if they are bad ones. (It's a mistake but it is what it is at this point.) And Ingram will dribble and create for himself if he is on the court.

LeBron cannot be successful with both on the floor. You could make Ingram the leader of the 2nd unit and keep him on the floor at all times LeBron is sitting. On the other hand, Ingram may be too talented to be a 6th man. Kuzma is useless if he is a 3rd or 4th option on offense. He is a scorer first, needs his shots.

So at this point I would not keep all 3. Trading LeBron (or never having signed him) should be the best option here but it won't happen. So you have to trade either Kuzma or Ingram. Kuzma without Ingram is probably better for a LeBron lead team than Ingram without Kuzma. Plus, at this point Ingram must have better value in a trade.

I think either Kuzma or Ingram will be traded this summer. I'd trade Ingram. (Well, I'd trade LeBron but it won't happen.)
    How can you sell an Ingram trade to the fans if he finishes the season at the same level of play he's been on since the break? The return would have to be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    Why are you lying?
    Lmaoo I thought they were supposed to make WCF minimum, now suddenly it's a "throwaway season"

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    We're already looking to next season this was supposed to be a throwaway season from the start anyway

Summer 2019 is when the real season begins we got a lottery pick now to help with the AD deal + we get one more max player aka Kyrie

LeBron + AD + Kyrie that's 2 championships minimum
    LOL @ we're

This whole entire post is legit pathetic bro. Go take a cold bath.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    How can you sell an Ingram trade to the fans if he finishes the season at the same level of play he's been on since the break? The return would have to be massive.

I don't know. The LeBron signing was bad. I knew it would be bad even though I was expecting a 6th or 7th seed and a 2nd round exit. I knew it would disrupt the team and halt talent development though. I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Something needs to be done. Someone needs to be traded. LeBron won't be. The lesser and older players... not much happens. So that leaves Kuzma and Ingram. Kuzma is better with LeBron and Ingram must have a higher value than Kuzma at this point. So I think you need to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Nah, let him play. There will be plenty of time for rest over the summer.

Our goal for the rest of the season should be to figure out who stays and who goes. Think of it as auditions.. Oh and to make a case to prospective freeagents..
    This.

The idea of shutting guys down and "tanking" (which btw never works) is just gonna put a bigger burden on Magic and Pelinka to convince an all-star free agent to join a team with 1.) an aging superstar, 2.) a coach selected by that aging superstar, 3.) a front office that waves the white flag easily/is in disarray.

It's been Lakers tradition to go the 'star system' route, i.e. swing for the fences every summer/trade deadline for superstars to restore franchise luster. IMO we need to finally abandon this strategy. Enough with the stars. Build a TEAM; put a roster of guys who have chemistry and enjoy playing with each other. Go the Golden State route. We already have a head start with pieces like Lonzo, YDK and Kuzma. Try to add shooters to ride out these next few years with Lebron, but STOP with the one year deals for veteran head cases.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    Why are you lying?
    I said before the season started that this is going to be a wasted season, LeBron ain't winning shit with this trash roster.

The real season for us starts in July

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Lmaoo I thought they were supposed to make WCF minimum, now suddenly it's a "throwaway season"
    WCF with this roster are you serious

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    So at this point I would not keep all 3. Trading LeBron (or never having signed him) should be the best option here but it won't happen. So you have to trade either Kuzma or Ingram. Kuzma without Ingram is probably better for a LeBron lead team than Ingram without Kuzma. Plus, at this point Ingram must have better value in a trade.

I think either Kuzma or Ingram will be traded this summer. I'd trade Ingram. (Well, I'd trade LeBron but it won't happen.)
    I would agree with you.

As for who.. It all depends on who, if anyone from Kawhi/KD/Klay/Kyrie, that we are able to sign. Then I would make a final play for AD with anyone they may want including both Kuzma/Ingram. Give them a week to decide, and if they turn it down then you move on from AD. I just don't know who you move on to - maybe Beal or make a play for someone like CJ McCollum if Portland under-performs again.

Quote Originally Posted by bison
    It's been Lakers tradition to go the 'star system' route, i.e. swing for the fences every summer/trade deadline for superstars to restore franchise luster. IMO we need to finally abandon this strategy. Enough with the stars. Build a TEAM; put a roster of guys who have chemistry and enjoy playing with each other. Go the Golden State route. We already have a head start with pieces like Lonzo, YDK and Kuzma. Try to add shooters to ride out these next few years with Lebron, but STOP with the one year deals for veteran head cases.
    We can still win with LeBron. He is still elite offensively and can give you 25+ ppg on decent fg%. We just need to surround him with all-around players in starting lineup and shooters off the bench. I think Kuzma needs to come off the bench as 6th man.

I said before the season started that this is going to be a wasted season, LeBron ain't winning shit with this trash roster.

The real season for us starts in July
    I don't know why everyone is overreacting LeBron is still going to make the playoffs Spurs and Clippers are trash and LeBron will go into GOAT mode down the stretch
    Source: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=19

How does toe jam taste?

Tank and trade LeBron? Lmao. Let