Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Seriously: who in History has changed the game like Curry has?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Wilt, MJ, Shaq, Curry

These 4 easily

no debate

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Man I know differing opinions are healthy but I don't know how anyone can watch the game of basketball and say Curry didn't change the game.
    How did be change the game though exactly. He's not responsible for the league shooting more threes. It's a fact that it was Daryl Morey and the rockets. That's not my opinion it's a fact. I can give you data and articles if you don't believe me. So if curry isn't responsible for the teams shooting more threes how exactly did he change the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    How did be change the game though exactly. He's not responsible for the league shooting more threes. It's a fact that it was Daryl Morey and the rockets. That's not my opinion it's a fact. I can give you data and articles if you don't believe me. So if curry isn't responsible for the teams shooting more threes how exactly did he change the game?
    I'd credit the Suns and D'Antoni more than the Rockets. Non-players have had a greater impact on the game than players if we're talking about to what extent they changed how to play it. Red Auerbach's gotta be the GOAT of that.

If we're going to go by players then it's something like, Wilt, MJ and Shaq. Then Russell, Kareem. Then a whole buncha guys before we get to Curry.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I'd credit the Suns and D'Antoni more than the Rockets. Non-players have had a greater impact on the game than players if we're talking about to what extent they changed how to play it. Red Auerbach's gotta be the GOAT of that.

If we're going to go by players then it's something like, Wilt, MJ and Shaq. Then Russell, Kareem. Then a whole buncha guys before we get to Curry.
    Dantoni has definitely impacted the game also. Like you said lots of non players have. I was talking more about the three ball specifically. Dantoni and Phoenix we're around the top in the league for threes but they weren't taking any more than top teams in previous seasons. Because of Moreys philosophy the rockets now shoot almost twice as much as teams shot before he took over as gm for the rockets.