NBA rookie of the year

Arrow LeBron thought he had Anthony Davis in the Bag

Before LeBron decided to join the Lakers, I bet he called AD to confirm that he was going to force a trade to LA by signing with Rich Paul. LeBron thought he had it in the bag. Just like in game 1 of the finals last year until overtime.

Then The Pelicans cockblock LeBron by not sending AD to the Lakers even though they were offered everything. I'm guessing LeBron was the guy willing to dump the entire team for AD. We know he can't win without two other all stars.

Dude thought he had it all planned out. Now he sitting at home with a "sore" groin for the last 18 games while the entire roster playing their hearts out with no idea if they'll be traded the next day. I can't think of a worst leader for this Lakers team. People call Rondo, Lance and Beasley locker room cancers, but it's barely halfway into his first season and LeBron nearly traded the whole team
    Last edited by BallsOut; 02-05-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Default Re: LeBron thought he had Anthony Davis in the Bag

Wouldn't be the first time

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

He's got Kawhi or KD as a backup.

LeGM is always one step ahead.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Now how do we get rid of LeBron?

LeOption has more options than AD. Lakers have several options. AD was just one of those options. When the Pelicans started tripping, the Lakers moved on to option 2. No idea why people think this is so bad for the Lakers. On the flip side, this is horrible for the Pelicans. The Pelicans had a chance to acquire all the Lakers valuable assets. Instead, they chose to make things personal. Now, they'll be getting the crumbs from other franchises instead of the steak dinner from the Lakers.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

LeOption has more options than AD. Lakers have several options. AD was just one of those options. When the Pelicans started tripping, the Lakers moved on to option 2. No idea why people think this is so bad for the Lakers. On the flip side, this is horrible for the Pelicans. The Pelicans had a chance to acquire all the Lakers valuable assets. Instead, they chose to make things personal. Now, they'll be getting the crumbs from other franchises instead of the steak dinner from the Lakers.
    Why it's bad for the Lakers? The entire team was proposed in a trade. How do you think the players will feel? Gasol, Odom were never the same after the vetoed Chris Paul trade. People have memories. The locker room is destroyed after this fiasco.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Why it's bad for the Lakers? The entire team was proposed in a trade. How do you think the players will feel? Gasol, Odom were never the same after the vetoed Chris Paul trade. People have memories. The locker room is destroyed after this fiasco.
    In the exact words from Jayson Tatum, "I'd trade me too for Anthony Davis."

These players know it's a business at the end of the day. If anything, they should take this as motivation to improve as players.

Nah man, I'd much rather have Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram and some 1st rounders than Anthony Davis...

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    In the exact words from Jayson Tatum, "I'd trade me too for Anthony Davis."

Precisely. Some people