View Poll Results: Do you think all Division I men's basketball players in history are public figures?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 100.00%

Default Do you think all Division I men's basketball players in history are public figures?

feel free to discuss

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think all Division I men's basketball players in history are public figures?

They're public figures, obviously. Do they meet the legal definition of public figures, which means it's more difficult for them to win a libel or slander case, because the defendant was motivated by actual malice? That's more difficult. Arguing that is what makes lawyers rich.

Default Re: Do you think all Division I men's basketball players in history are public figures?

They're public figures, obviously. Do they meet the legal definition of public figures, which means it's more difficult for them to win a libel or slander case, because they have to prove that the defendant was motivated by actual malice? That's a more difficult question. Arguing that sort of thing is what makes lawyers rich.

Wow, how did I do that? Wrong button, I'm guessing.