25 picked GSW
    2 picked CLE
    1 picked LAC

Conclusion?

LeBrondog Millionaire (UNDERDOG TALE)

Default Re: 28 ESPN Experts Predict 2016-2017 NBA Champions

How often are these guys right?
    All I've heard from ESPN the last few seasons was -

Before the 2013 Season - It'llbe OKC Vs Miami (Wasn't)
    Before 2014 Season OKC VS Miami, Spurs won't recover (Wrong again)
    Before the 2015 Seasons Spurs Vs Cavs ( Nope, once more)
    and this year they said Curry won't win MVP again, and that they were lucky and might not make the finals again with the Clips and OKC being around.

Also I don't think any anaylst thought Cleveland is winning against a 73 win team.

So I'ma just say I think Golden State doesn't make the finals this year because things usually go wrong and there's a reason we've never seen a Trilogy, even in the Lakers/Celtics 80's.

My pick is that things fall apart in some way, and GSW Vs Cleveland part 3 doesn't happen. (Which one drops the ball? I dunno. You decide.)

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

What dumbass picked the Clippers?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Why didn't Curry win the finals MVP , it was Iggy.

So War's have 4 legit all-stars and probably the best 6th man with marginal minutes...

War's are loaded

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT

and this year they said Curry won't win MVP again, and that they were lucky and might not make the finals again with the Clips and OKC being around.

Also I don't think any anaylst thought Cleveland is winning against a 73 win team.

So I'ma just say I think Golden State doesn't make the finals this year because things usually go wrong and there's a reason we've never seen a Trilogy, even in the Lakers/Celtics 80's.

My pick is that things fall apart in some way, and GSW Vs Cleveland part 3 doesn't happen. (Which one drops the ball? I dunno. You decide.)
    lol at trying to be different by saying GSW wont make the finals

losing against who, 4 out of 7 times?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Never seen a what?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Quite a generalization KAT,

Those are not bad picks. Those are measured, calculated predictions. They just didn't fall the right way
    I know, I know. I'm just surprised every season again and again.
    If you told me the Warriors will go for 73 wins and Curry wins UMVP a season before I'd tell you you're crazy and that Harden was the real MVP in 2015.

And if you told me Lebron James and the Cavs will -beat- that team I'd tell you that's even crazier.

Same with people who would've told me Spurs would've rebounded from that loss in 2013. I thought they were -done-, over with. Celtics Style. I don't think anyone expected this kind of rejuvination and that 2014 teardown of the Heat.

I'm just so used to being surprised that I think the 'Obvious' will just not happen my friend. I'm not sure whose going to come out of the blue.
    Maybe it's the clippers (finally?) or the Spurs, or perhaps Cleveland loses in the ECF. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

No one thought OKC is getting past the Spurs. Or putting the GSW in a 3-1 hole. Or that the GSW will lose 3 straight to the Cavs after dismantling them for 3 out of 4 games.

GS, in the playoffs looked as beatble as any team out there.
    And hear me out, I'm likely wrong, but I still think I have a point here.

Lebron consistently dominated Durant in matchups. Like, I think it's 70% Win rate for him. This league is all about matchups. Lebron losing to Orlando, Spurs losing to the athletic thunder in 2012 and Memphis being swept by the Spurs in 2013.

I really do see a possibility where GSW doesn't make the finals.
    This team hasn't played a single regular season game, least of all a playoff game. Sure, if they go 40-10 coming into Feb, I'll eat my words and admit it.
    But I really think this team is flawed.

The reason I believe GSW lost the finals is that the players there got the team success, and wanted individual success. Draymond Green, Klay, Curry and Durant. Two out of 4 will not get the touchs they were used to. Heck, maybe four out of four. And I think this will all blow up.

Sorry for the rant. It's really not a case of me trying to be original,
    I really do think that they would've been better off keeping their core that was one Lebron block away from going back-to-back, rather then add a question mark.

'Super Teams' flounder as often as they succeed.
    (2013 Lakers, 2011 Heat, 2015's Cavs 20-20 start etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Never seen a what?

Same finals 3 times in a row.

I know, I know. I'm just surprised every season again and again.
    If you told me the Warriors will go for 73 wins and Curry wins UMVP a season before I'd tell you you're crazy and that Harden was the real MVP in 2015.

And if you told me Lebron James and the Cavs will -beat- that team I'd tell you that's even crazier.

Same with people who would've told me Spurs would've rebounded from that loss in 2013. I thought they were -done-, over with. Celtics Style. I don't think anyone expected this kind of rejuvination and that 2014 teardown of the Heat.

I'm just so used to being surprised that I think the 'Obvious' will just not happen my friend. I'm not sure whose going to come out of the blue.
    Maybe it's the clippers (finally?) or the Spurs, or perhaps Cleveland loses in the ECF. Who knows.

No one thought OKC is getting past the Spurs. Or putting the GSW in a 3-1 hole. Or that the GSW will lose 3 straight to the Cavs after dismantling them for 3 out of 4 games.

GS, in the playoffs looked as beatble as any team out there.
    And hear me out, I'm likely wrong, but I still think I have a point here.

Lebron consistently dominated Durant in matchups. Like, I think it's 70% Win rate for him. This league is all about matchups. Lebron losing to Orlando, Spurs losing to the athletic thunder in 2012 and Memphis being swept by the Spurs in 2013.

I really do see a possibility where GSW doesn't make the finals.
    This team hasn't played a single regular season game, least of all a playoff game. Sure, if they go 40-10 coming into Feb, I'll eat my words and admit it.
    But I really think this team is flawed.

The reason I believe GSW lost the finals is that the players there got the team success, and wanted individual success. Draymond Green, Klay, Curry and Durant. Two out of 4 will not get the touchs they were used to. Heck, maybe four out of four. And I think this will all blow up.

Sorry for the rant. It's really not a case of me trying to be original,
    I really do think that they would've been better off keeping their core that was one Lebron block away from going back-to-back, rather then add a question mark.

'Super Teams' flounder as often as they succeed.
    (2013 Lakers, 2011 Heat, 2015's Cavs 20-20 start etc..)
    Dont agree with a single thing, tbh..

"Two out of 4 wil not get touches they used to", no shit, tell me a team where a ball was in 2 players hands at the same time...

Its like at one point there are so many good players on the team, its suddenly "omgz one ball" so if there was an average player instead of KD the problem suddenly vanishes? PLUS, they mesh style wise. Your explanation is 'he's a question mark' I mean, ffs..

All the 'super teams' you mentioned worked out besides LAL, and to compare the situation is bogus.

But I guess youre convinced at least..

It's quite impressive that LeBron has won all his rings as an underdog and yet this is the year when he is at by far his underdogiest

is lebron not good enough to ever be a top dog? pretty pathetic

Very good NBA starter

The Clippers have to do something or else they blow that team up.

You've got elite PG
    very good rim protector and rebounder
    Stud and star PF
    bench shooters

Only thing they need consistency in is the SF position but they have everything to compete.

Dont agree with a single thing, tbh..

"Two out of 4 wil not get touches they used to", no shit, tell me a team where a ball was in 2 players hands at the same time...

Its like at one point there are so many good players on the team, its suddenly "omgz one ball" so if there was an average player instead of KD the problem suddenly vanishes? PLUS, they mesh style wise. Your explanation is 'he's a question mark' I mean, ffs..

All the 'super teams' you mentioned worked out besides LAL, and to compare the situation is bogus.

But I guess youre convinced at least..

Bump.