Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do people look down on plumbers/electricians etc. while...

I wasn't aware that anyone did, except the very few who sneer idiotically at anyone who didn't go to college. English and Anthropology are also important subjects, so op is talking shit.

NBA lottery pick

When I was in school they were pushing the trades harder then ever, I'd say it's common knowledge now that they do very well for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    They really arent looked down on in my experience. My stepfather was a master plumber and master electrician and seemed fairly well respected. And he made money. He was making like 40 bucks an hour working for Fluor helping bring power plants online....30 years ago. I know electricians now who are too old to keep doing the work making great money helping young guys get and stay certified. Both jobs are perfectly legit and respectable. And a lot of good ones end up plumbers and electricians in name only because they own the company. Companies that pay good money and put in bids on huge jobs that generate millions of dollars. Imagine how much money is being paid to the companies that won the bids to do plumbing in the new NFL stadium in LA for example.

Nobody with a brain and some experience in the real world is hating on someone with the know how and learning potential of a master plumber or electrician.
    That is insanely impressive to possess both titles.

Who looks down on Plumbers and Electricians?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I wasn't aware that anyone did, except the very few who sneer idiotically at anyone who didn't go to college. English and Anthropology are also important subjects, so op is talking shit.
    Anthropology is not an important subject. There's a reason that universities across the UK and US are shutting down their anthropology departments. Pseudo-science can get fucked.

Didn't realize people did that. Blue color workers make more $$$ on average.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Only dummies think that way. I work in a hospital and you can see how people try to make themselves feel good by looking down on others. Doctor looks down on nurse. Nurse looks down on technician. Technician than looks down on janitor. It's stupid, but that's how humans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Anthropology is not an important subject. There's a reason that universities across the UK and US are shutting down their anthropology departments. Pseudo-science can get fucked.
    Sorry dude, but you don't know what you're talking about. When it comes to understanding human beings and human development some understanding of anthropology is essential. It's not "pseudo-science"--it is based on empiricism, which is the basis of the natural sciences. Just because it is abused by some doesn't make it unscientific.

Banned

I think it's their stereotypical persona or mentality that people look down upon moreso than their occupation.

They are pretty simple people and tend to be crass in nature. All they want is beer, a 4 wheel drive, and jetskis.

Very good NBA starter

do grade school kids dream of becoming a plumber someday and cleaning shit pipes for a living?

it's like such a dream job, right