Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fitness versus health?

Moses probably did a lot of blow, drank a lot of alcohol, and probably ****ed a lot of disgusting women. That's gonna take a lot of toll on your body regardless of how good of "shape" your in.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Well I can't really speak on the metabolic effects but research has shown the fitter you are the less susceptible you are to diseases and cancers. I'm currently in my last year of nursing school. I don't know if you're bs'ing about the doctor thing but that's really cool.
    Yes, being a doctor in my country, Africa, has its perks. For example, we basically demand exorbitant bribes for patients who want to be treated properly with the best techniques.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    I think ur confusing fitness with athletically conditioned...

Fitness and health fo kinda go hand in hand.

When im prepping for a fight im not particularly feeling the heathiest or the fitness. But im at peak athletic state. Its almost like a short term high but it cant really be sustained for long periods.

A friend of myn is a bodybuilder and he says a couple of weeks into competition he feels fatigued and exhausted. But he look unreal

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Moses Malone's death got me thinking about this. I consider fitness and health two different areas.

Fitness -> Athletic ability
    Health -> Optimal functioning of all the bodies systems

I think our society confuses these two quite often. It seems to correlate being in excellent aesthetic shape/ability to do amazing things with also being healthy.

Those random villagers in Japan that eat 1,200 calories a day + walk around all day + breathe fresh air + eat primarily vegetables and seafood are way way way way way way healthier than any professional athlete. However, their level of fitness (as defined by ability to do athletic stuff like play hoops etc) is weaksauce.

Agree or disagree? It always confuses me when people think that working out more or exercising harder is the key to them getting healthier when moderate exercise 3x a week (plus non sedentary lifestyle) is as much as you really need to do.
    Fitness and Health are different, but are very closely related.

Health can/should be a result of fitness, but fitness is not always/rarely a result of health. For instance, my girlfriend is healthier than I am, but I am more fit than she.

As for the bolded, it depends upon your needs/desires. I would not be satisfied with my level of fitness, and correspondingly my health, if I was only as active as the bolded. That is certainly, in general, enough for a normal person to consider themselves healthy. But anyone with any athletic aspirations needs more than that.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

it's more the height thing

so lets say you are watching cartoon/anime
    the drawing of a female, or whatever the drawing the author had intended to present, should at the same time represent the same gender of those drawings. and that's what then health would be. Fitness, may simply argue that those are just drawing of linear lines through different directions and the reader is simply allowed to interpret it differently so.

consistent fitness RESULTS may equate to health

people don't die from poor health
    poor fitness results could end up deadly

yet there are those who with poor health
    perform better fitness results than those that may be deemed healthier

besides the obvious stages of pre-elementary school where nutrition is highly important to the development of a child. I'd say that during elementary school, shifting the diet nutrition level properly, is equally important to puberty.

so how can we know that our fitness results equates to health?

someone who lived to 60 years old wrote a book on how not to live their life to only 50 years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    I don't believe it. For once I 100% agree with you.

This deserves beer
    Don't be surprised if it starts happening more.

Article

Video Link

Longtime friend of Moses Malone says hall of famer's death a shock

Monday, September 14, 2015

[I]Hall of Fame basketball player Moses Malone saw a doctor about an irregular heartbeat less than a week before he died, Malone